Best drying towels?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Kaban, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Ive tried a bunch, I like my leaf blower and the green PEAK drying MF towel from pep boys, they are as thick and plush as anything out there.

I put it on par with this guy
    woolly Mammoth Super thick best dryer car care

but for 8.00 LOL

2. dankfanatic

dankfanatic DB Forum Supporter

what the hell??? that mammoth towel use to be like 19.95!

3. StanVanDam

StanVanDam Virgin Detailer

I've never had the urge to buy or use a blower to dry the car. I know for sure there is pollen and dust in the air where I clean my car. These fine particles would be blasted into the car at high speed. Also possible that the blower could have a bigger particle go through it and fire into your car.

I don't hang-dry my car-cleaning towels outdoors either, since they essentially become air filters for the outdoors.

Pollen and fine dust/grime will stick to paint in a way that it cannot be hosed off, thus requiring another hand-wash. If you pressure-wash your car for a few weeks without doing any hand-washes, you can easily see these fine particles caked onto the paint.

Pollen and fine dust adhesion is usually independent of surface type or relative humidity, but I believe a very slick surface would sufficiently repel the molecular attraction. van der Waals forces are the primary molecular attraction driving fine particle adhesion to a surface. Several types of pollen contact the surface via exine surface spikes, and the total adhesion force scales with the number of contacts/spikes. Pollen surface spikes are strong, resist fracture, and sustain a relatively large load.

This is why hand-washing is more effective than pressure-washing. Mechanical agitation is required to break the molecular attraction of these fine particles to the paint surface.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I got to raise my pricing on my Super Drying towel which is bigger, and thicker than that one.

Uber Super Drying.

5. Kilo6_one

I know, well the prices fluxes so erratically on that site its almost comical, Glossworks 45.00, then next week 20.00.......... lol

6. Kilo6_one

But is it "traumatizing" as in their description......... that always makes me laugh. LOL

7. ziggo99

ziggo99 Birth of a Detailer

I love Griot's Garage 25"x35" drying towel. Mainly because of the pockets that are sewed into them. Give the car a good air blow and then come back around with this towel. Just love it. Wish they weren't $27 a pop tho.

8. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I may have found a superior towel to the showroom fx drying towel!!! but i'm not telling just yet... more testing to do

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Do what! I really like that towel.

I finally put the carrand towels from Menards to good use Monday and I am very happy with how they work. For $4 dollars you can't beat it!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

10. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Looking forward to your findings!

11. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

Am I reading that right? The cg woolly mammoth is $50????

12. Kilo6_one

plus shipping......... but its "traumatizing" LMAO.

13. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

yes you must have been traumatized prior to purchase, to consider paying that for any towell.

14. Kilo6_one

exactly.........50.00 for a towel is absurd.