Best DA for someone with arm problems

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by cptzippy, Mar 21, 2012.

1. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

Background: Have a herniated disc in my neck that has taken away feeling and strength in my left arm with an added bonus of my right arm being tired most of the time since I'm using it a lot more.

Current Equipment: PC 7336

Question: Is there any current DA out there that would be easier for me to use? Less Vibration and/or Less weight?

So far on another forum the Cyclo has been recommended as well as vibration reducing gloves.

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

looks like a cyclo will be your best bet with your conditions. because all DA buffers vibrate.... The Griots garage DA has less vibration than a PC 7424xp but still vibration.

3. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Never used a cyclo, but like Franki said ... the Griots vibrates less than the PC XP.

4. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

Cyclo's are pretty heavy compared to a PC. That might make things worse.

5. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

Think I'll give it a go with my PC before I start dropping change on something new then. Seems like it's all tradeoffs in getting something else.

6. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

The Flex 3401 is slightly heavier then most other machines but vibrates much less.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Get the Megs/Optimum MF pads to use with your PC and you'll be amazed.

8. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

As I tore my rotater cuff(Left shoulder) and I am "Lefthanded" the best thing is to try and keep your elbow below the plane on which you are buffing, also center up the pads good and the vibration will be less.......not eliminated but better. Griots DA is the best choice btw for many reasons.

9. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

i now use a simple ace tennis elbow strap before any polishing. place it very carefully on the bone at elbow and it helps tons. not too expensive either. i own all the above polishers and the cyclo is the smoothest but boy is it heavy. i now use the newer flex rotary that weight 2 pounds less and even is smoother than most da polishers. good luck