Back to two bucket - need to restock

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cptzippy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

I haven't been paying close attention to the forums, but I've been waiting to hear how you liked the boars hair brush you ordered for your truck. I've been using a boars hair wheel brush on my wheels lately and love it. If I didn't wash my car weekly, I don't think I'd like it as much, lol.

2. cptzippy

cptzippy Jedi Nuba

As I start to count the cost of doing this I wonder about one thing. Am I doing myself any favors on this car by going away from ONR?

I want to preserve the Jag's original paint (even though it still is a daily driver) but is two bucket going to do that better than careful ONR washing?

3. mike aesthetica

mike aesthetica Jedi Nuba

GM paint is solid, do you trust this though on something of older ford, or better yet, would you have washed the STI with this?

WookieFist/Uber/Whatever the AG Equivalent - They are just too much of a good thing to be functional. You might catch something in there that would take you quite a long time to find. They move way too much material - if you wanted to flush out during washing, get a garden hose foam gun(non cannon) and flush away as you wash.

It depends all on washing. You could always pressure rinse prior to ONR - to be honest I think there are some vehicular situations where ONR would likely have LESS potential for marring. Cars that see lots of thicker road film might benefit from traditional soaps(OPT is bangin stuff) where cars that are only seeing dry dusty roads and light road film do great with ONR, with or without a pressure rinse(your choice).