Autopia Infected with Virus

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Pats300zx, Aug 29, 2010.

1. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I have Kaspersky and the same thing happened to me. I did a scan and it found 1 trojan. The anti-virus took care of it no problem.

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

If you use Google Chrome, it does the same thing. Chrome is really all I use now.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I just bought a Mac. Did I mention that? LOL

4. ToddS

ToddS Virgin Detailer

Hi guys! What's going on in here?? :p

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

We are trying to figure out how on earth Autopia is going to reimburse all who lost time and money by being infected by their Web site!

6. ToddS

ToddS Virgin Detailer

I found out yesterday when I linked someone on another forum to an Autopia thread and they told me it infected their computer. I was doubtful that Autopia was the cause, so I went to check myself and sure enough it was blocked/flagged by Firefox.

Guess I'll be spending some more time around here.

7. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

To be fair, autopia's site just got 'hacked' by spyware/malware or something similar. Probably from tunch123 or someone else's workstation with a master password to autopia's files on the host. They aren't DIRECTLY responsible for it, but they need to fix it and move on.

8. ToddS

ToddS Virgin Detailer

Yeah, I understand things happen but with the recent spamming from some random Japanese heavy industrial equipment supplier and other issues with their blog/forum/home set up I feel they got into something they weren't really prepared to handle.

Depending how long it takes them to get this fixed will determine whether I ever come back or not.

9. P1et

Personally, I don't find the new layout very easy. It almost hurts my brain just trying to navigate that site.

10. Dylan@Adams

Dylan@Adams Guest

Yea... definitely freaked my Mac/Safari out... I'm just staying clear of it anyways until they can get it back up and running, but it sure does seem to be taking a looooooooong time.

11. gav'spurplez

gav'spurplez Virgin Detailer

i have to agree...

12. Mindflux

It's back up, but visit at your own risk. I don't see any of the malicious code in view source anymore. Also they've moved hosts again (to LIQUIDWEB like I suggested months ago)

13. CaliforniaBoy5

CaliforniaBoy5 Virgin Detailer

Woot! About dang time!

14. :woopdedoo:

15. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i don't think i'll be visiting them anytime soon.

16. P1et

Go ahead and give it a try and if you don't have a virus, let us know.

:applause2:

17. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Working great for me(fingers crossed). Bout time! :applause::applause::applause:

18. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Not working for me in FF or IE....

19. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

not working for me in ff or safari.

20. Mindflux

You still get the warning, but you gotta say "Proceed Anyway" to the warnings to go onto the site.