Automagic MAGnificient vs P21s wheel gel

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Rennes, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

This my personal opinion of the product, please don't judge this as a review of the general product. Oh, and i'm not affiliated with either company ;)

Background:
    [​IMG]
    P21S wheel gel:
    In my search for the ultimate wheel cleaner, I've heard of different product and I stumbled on one that really worked great, the P21S. So far, i've gone thru 4 gallons of product over a period of time. You may know that, it cost a lot. I started to dillute part of it and it was working alright, althought, I prefer full strenght.

FYI: I only use this product of very dirty wheels.

Automagic MAGnificient:
    I got this stuff from my local vendor for 25$ a gallon and it's dillution rate is 4:1. I said to myself, why not try it. When I opened the container, the smell of it seems so familiar ... same smell as P21s. I poured some product in my dispender sprayer and it had the same consistency of the P21s. The only difference is that it's color is "greener" but once dilluted, it's the same pale green color as P21s.

Is it performing on par with P21s wheel gel? YES. I see absolutely NO difference between both product. The gel dweels on the wheel and it removes all dirt but you still have to agitate the stubborn spots.

NON acid.
    [​IMG]

Althought, there's is a caution with Magnificient.
    [​IMG]

Applied P21S on left side of the wheel
    [​IMG]

Applied MAGnificient on the right side of the wheel
    [​IMG]

Foaaaamy, but seems to be more foam on the right side for some reason? This is after 5 minutes.
    [​IMG]

Look at that brown coming out of the tires on both sides, so far, so good!
    This is after 15 minutes.
    [​IMG]

Rinse off with pressure washer
    [​IMG]

Can you tell the difference? yeah, same here. both sides are clean and this is WITHOUT agitating. If you look closely, there is still some spots on the left side.
    [​IMG]

Conclusion? I guess you have to try for yourself but I can't tell which one cleans better. The price seems to be the only difference.

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Sounds good. Nice review. I've still got 3/4s a gallon of CG Diablo to go through before I even think about needing more wheel gel/cleaner.

Sounds promising though!! Thanks for the review!!

3. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I use magnificent on most of my cars, I am not sure it is PH neutral though, as it will affect polished aluminum

4. richy

richy Guest

Bryan...anytime I use any acidic wheel cleaner, be it Megs or Carbrite, I always follow it up with an APC spray and then rinse again. That neutralizes the acid and leaves the surface safe. I've used a spray bottle of baking soda and water too to neutralize, but I don't anymore to have one less bottle in my cabinet.

5. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

MAGnificient is non-acidic.
    I'll check if it's PH neutral

6. richy

richy Guest

Sounds like a great product.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Well just send me your Diablo then you can get this stuff. Problem solved. Man, the things I do for you guys. LOL

8. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

pH: >12

I wonder what it is diluted though.

9. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

I will even help Ken use it up

10. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Sure Ken, just pay the shipping!!

11. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

That is like freshmen chem stuff :D

12. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

LoL.

This stuff works pretty good. I use to use a fair amount of automagic stuff when i first started and prior to me detailing i use to use it at the bmw dealership i worked for.

Nice find. Makes me want to go and check on how much it is here locally again LoL.

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for this useful opinion of these two products! Where can I get a hold of this stuff? :)

14. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Which I've omitted from my brain haha.

15. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Here ya go man . . . . . i'm sure there are a bunch of people that carry the stuff but this is from their distributor list.

[​IMG]

16. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

it's basic, even diluted, should not be used on polished aluminum. not the same as P21s gel, which is neutral

17. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

Updates with pictures!

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

P21S wheel gel rocks, but it is sooooooooo expensive...I don't use it very often, now it's mostly AG CWC or CG diablo gel.

19. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Which do you like better/better cleaning AG or CG?

20. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

P21s can be used on polished aluminium?