Audi RS4 - Dave KG & Caledonia Teamwork

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Dave KG, Jul 31, 2009.

1. green dimnd

green dimnd Birth of a Detailer

There's a lot to be learned from this observation. A twenty dollar wax that's what? more than fifty years old! It's nice to know that people will keep an open mind about the good old products that we remember our dads using. (No doubt if you said it had been finished with Royale we'd all be convinced) The real estate people say "location, location, location" but the best detailers say, "prep, prep, prep!!"

Beautiful work, as always.

2. richy

richy Guest

Dave...fantastic job on an amazing car!! Thanks for posting..it must have taken you a while with all those photos.

3. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Fantastic work Dave, what an amazing turnaround :thumb:

4. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

great job, I look forward to the lighting review your working on

5. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

+1 :thumb:

6. ///M LifeStyle

///M LifeStyle Birth of a Detailer

7. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Dave, Great Write-up, Great Photos! Thanks for posting :thumb:

8. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

:thumb: awesome!

9. JM604

JM604 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great detail!

Definitely appreciate you taking the time to note the steps you take in working each polish, with the DA in particular since that's all I have.

Intersting how the polish comes back from clear after reducing pressure and to speed 5. Maybe not a direct comparison, but when I've used Power Finish on say a German Green pad, on speed 5-6, the polish seems to be broken down not much later than 4 passes at about 1"/sec. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? In any case, definitely going to play around with how you've explained it here next time!

Keep the post coming! =)

10. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Awesome job with the car and write up Dave