Audi A5 3.0 TDI - Swissvax Detail (Crystal Rock)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

I was asked by the owner via another forum to carry out a detail on his 2.5 year old Audi A5. The owner loved his car and takes great care in trying to make it look its best, but the ineviteable swirls appeared and wanted me to correct this for him. I gave him up to the detail to think of what wax he wished to go for, either Swissvax Mirage, Best of Show or Crystal Rock. the owner decided to go for the Crystal rock (Which was definately the best option)

The car as I turned up (owner stating he left it dirty for me lol)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Started by rinsing the car, then cleaned the alloys with Billberry wheel cleaner and the tyres/arches/door shuts/petrol cap with APC:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rinsed the car off again, then snowfoamed the car:

[​IMG]

Rinsed again, then washed with Swissvax Car Bath using the 2BM and a Dodo Juice Wookie Fist wash mitt

[​IMG]

Once washed then rinsed, the treated to Autosmart Tardis to remove tar deposits, then Iron Cut to remove anything else and then finally clayed to be 100% all contaminents removed, then the car wash washed again.

[​IMG]

Taped the rubbers up then took some paint depth readings (which were all over the place)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some of the swirls to deal with:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During correction (after a hit of 3M FCP on a curring pad)

[​IMG]

Refined using Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pro on a polishing pad (50/50 shot)

[​IMG]

At this stage the fleck was really popping out:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once corrected the paintwork was wiped down with Swissvax Quick Finish then treated with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid, once buffed off then Swissvax Crystal Rock was applied.

The alloys were also treated to Swissvax Cleaner Fluid and then Swissvax Autobahn and tyres with Swissvax Pneu

The glass was treated to Swissvax Crystal, Exhaust with Swissvax Metal Polish and ultrafine Steel Wool.

The interior was treated to Swissvax Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and the plastic wiped down with APC.

The engine bay was treated to Chemical Guys Silk Shine

the end results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The owner was over the moon with it

thanks for viewing

Robert

2. JS GTI #47

JS GTI #47 Virgin Detailer

That's a very sexy car.

Nice work getting it back to better than new.:thumb:

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

#1 (permalink) 06-05-2010, 01:31 PM
    Prism
    Any Rag Vehicle Washer Join Date: Nov 2009
    Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Audi A5 3.0 TDI - Swissvax Detail (Crystal Rock)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was asked by the owner via another forum to carry out a detail on his 2.5 year old Audi A5. The owner loved his car and takes great care in trying to make it look its best, but the ineviteable swirls appeared and wanted me to correct this for him. I gave him up to the detail to think of what wax he wished to go for, either Swissvax Mirage, Best of Show or Crystal Rock. the owner decided to go for the Crystal rock (Which was definately the best option)

The car as I turned up (owner stating he left it dirty for me lol)

Started by rinsing the car, then cleaned the alloys with Billberry wheel cleaner and the tyres/arches/door shuts/petrol cap with APC:

Rinsed the car off again, then snowfoamed the car:

Rinsed again, then washed with Swissvax Car Bath using the 2BM and a Dodo Juice Wookie Fist wash mitt

Once washed then rinsed, the treated to Autosmart Tardis to remove tar deposits, then Iron Cut to remove anything else and then finally clayed to be 100% all contaminents removed, then the car wash washed again.

Taped the rubbers up then took some paint depth readings (which were all over the place)

Was that 56 microns?

4. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

The combination of all the layers that the probe has detected so in some cases after a respay or two totalled over 500 microns where I would have expected it at roughly 140 ish

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Looks awesome!

6. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Nice!

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

amazing work! Love the car and those wheels!!!