armor all what !!!!!

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Twisted007, Mar 15, 2010.

1. scott14

scott14 Birth of a Detailer

ok...just sprayed it on a test wheel...letting it cure for an hour...mud test after

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

SWEET!

:giterdone:

3. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

.....waiting in for the results

4. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

thanks Scott! can't wait to see it!

do walmarts have it?

5. scott14

ya thats where i got mine...just shot the video...uploading in process

6. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i'll be heading to walmart shortly anyways. Got to get a couple of things LoL.

7. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

if it's one bad thing now days it's downloading is a breeze but when comes to uploading it's the complete opposite. I hate uploading large files.

8. scott14

9. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

Anyone know if it's in Canada yet? I'm going to check Walmart tomorrow. I did not see it at Canadian Tire.

10. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

nice vid scott an ya i went to two places today an both did not have in central jersey i try more tomorrow.

so looks like it does help some wonder how long it lasts?

Untitled on Vimeo

11. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

I saw it at the Canadian Tire at McCowan and Shepperd

12. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I had to drop off some used motor oil at my local Auto Zone this morning so I checked the store and they didn't have this product in stock at all.

Drove a bit further down the street to the Pep Boys and they didn't have it, either. But at least they had two bottles of the new Meg's Ultimate Wash & Wax....but $10 for 48oz is ridiculous so I only bought one bottle.

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Well I picked up one just for the heck of it, cleaned my wheels, and on one side i have the armor all stuff, other side is fk1000p. lets see what happens.

14. scott14

the new wash and wax is really nice stuff!!!

15. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

Armor all is much easier to apply than fk1000p though. Also for paste wax it gets annoying when getting dirt inside the tin can again.

but back to topic, I think fk1000p have better durability...

16. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have some fk1000p in a 4oz pot to use just on wheels for that purpose.

It was just a whim if it helps clean wheels easier then oh well, but if not then i will just use it up and not get it again.

17. richy

richy Guest

At the least it sounds like it would be good for the barrels.

18. Chineseguy

Okay I applied the armor all on all four of my wheels, 2 layers just for safety. I let it sat for the whole night without touching it. So today I was driving it for quite a long time and it seems like my wheels have brake dust on it again...sigh...

Prior to applying the armor all, I washed the wheels clean with AG CWC. It pretty much stripped off my colly 845, so the rim is not protected any more. I then applied the armor all.

I don't see anything too majorly wrong on my application part, so I don't get why there are still brake dust!!~

19. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Pretty sure you will still get some dust, but cleaning will be easier and may not get as much later when you pile up alot. My take is, no way to prevent dust from staying on the wheels, but ease of cleaning, i.e. hitting it with a hose is where protection helps.

20. Chineseguy

I guess you're right,at least spraying it on is alot quicker than applying with wax. But the armor all is quite expensive, considering the can always feel like it's half empty.