Anybody ever seen this before?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Rcrew, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Thanks for the input Ryan.
    I will see about getting some thickness readings.
    Whatever it is, seems like a repaint is really the way to go, as opposed to sealing with a super-sealant like Opti-Coat.

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

What year is this Dodge? I knew a guy who had a '96 Dodge Ram 2500 in that color, and it had to go in for a repaint (under warranty) because the paint failed.

3. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Are the spots raised or depressed? i.e. did the dimpling come from below or on top? Reason I ask is a section of my rear windshield has the exact same appearance. Previous owner noticed them after a 'professional' detail. Still have no idea how it happened.

4. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

I think it is around that year.

5. invaderzim

invaderzim Jedi Nuba

I had a car years ago with a really cheap paint job. They were painting equipment at work and it got really fine over spray all over it. I used one of those bug removing sponges and it took the over spray right off. Then I noticed little dimples that looked a bit like those. I took it to a half dozen body shops to try to find one that would blame it on the over spray and they all said I was crazy and the spots had been there all along. I waxed that car more often than I'd admit to anyone but my therapist so I knew they weren't there before.
    The point of my ramblings? Any chance it got some sort of chemical over spray on it?

6. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Possible, but I'm not sure what kind of chemical spray would create raised areas (dimples) in the clear...any ideas?