another ONR question

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by uncleglenny, Dec 3, 2008.

1. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Outstanding links!!! Just in time for the freezing weather coming to STL. I've actually tried that method before, but without much luck. Think it was part due to the double-spoke wheels on my allroad and part I was using a Boar's Hair wheel brush. I'll switch it up to a stiffer bristled brush next time and give it a shot. Thanks again.

2. Esienmann_M6

Esienmann_M6 Two Bucket System Washer

Scotwax, good guy, followed his stuff for years on autopia,
    it is just he is way to aggressive and the fact is those BMW wheels
    are clearcoated, he is using a brush on them, not the smartest thing to do,
    yes I understand it is a customers car and the wheels due to color will
    hide defects . but don't do this
    in your own car. I use a sheep skin mitt for wheels only,
    and also do a quick ONR QD mix in a pressure hand pump to pre soak the wheels
    with ONR "lightly it will look like rain drops" before using the mitt.

also the way I do it, 2 buckets method like the guys mentioned and the ONR
    QD mix in a pressure hand pump to pre-soak panels before using ONR with a mitt
    or a sea sponge. by the way the groutsponge has one problem, it is not deep
    so the dirt will stick on the surface, more chances of marr and swirls,
    use common sense and eliminate things as possible.

3. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

It's completely subjective. If you like to toss the mitt in the bucket while washing and it may pick up debris from the bottom then you should probably have a GG. If your solution gets very dirty of close to the bottom of the bucket, you should empty it and make more. The 2 bucket method has at least the advantage of providing piece of mind for those who are skeptical of a rinseless wash. If you are careful with your solution level and not letting the mitt drag the bottom it is unnecessary, but there are benefits like not having to be as careful and the peace of mind I mentioned. One more thing worth mentioning is when you add a GG to a bucket, you are automatically loosing a gallon of useable solution because of the height. I suppose if I were to use two buckets with ONR, I would only have a GG in the rinse bucket with plain water.

Chris

4. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

I was just going to ask that, I'm getting a bottle of ONR tomorrow and a couple grit guards. I'll hopefully be doing one car before I go on vacation so I'll post pics. Our cars are filthy so I'll see how it goes with a sheepskin washmitt.

Brendan