Another new product on the way...Ace Powerstick

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Mar 31, 2008.

1. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Alright, Phil, I can't be ordering all 6 of these things, or my wife will be looking for you. It looks like the 401 would be good for getting in tight places between brake caliper and rim, and maybe the 601 for regular general use? Any thoughts/feedback on which ones would be most useful to start out with.

Also, are you out of Gray clay? Website says you do not have any in stock as of last night. Thanks.

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

sure thing gray clay bar is in stock.

3. detailersdomain

here are the two that are great to start with...

#401 & &601

4. DJ_JonnyV

Alright, boys (and gals), I just went all in on the Powerstick pro-line kit. Guess this also gives me an excuse to buy a dedicated garage drill for these things. Hey, Phil, I hear Metabo makes a good cordless drill....just kidding...I'll probably get a cheapie somewhere or a good used one on ebay.

I wonder what the preferred settings for the drill are? High speed or high torque? I would image higher speed, so run the drill on the higher speed setting.

5. detailersdomain

I can get the 12 volt dewalt cordless drill for $144 shipped.

2 batteries and a 1 hour charger.

6. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

cough cough.....
    Any introductory pricing......

I was looking as the breakdown and 401 and 601 sounds like a good ahem....group buy kit.

7. detailersdomain

I'm figuring it out. Bare with me we sold a ton of them already.

Need to reorder.

8. DJ_JonnyV

I appreciate the offer, but will try to find something cheap either locally or ebay. Initially, I'll use my Bosch 14.4v with them, but would like to pick up a dedicated drill. You crack me up, Phil!

9. detailersdomain

huh why I'm just trying to hook it up for everyone.

10. chefwong

Anyone own a set of these sticks....while I was leaning on a 401/601 combo , it looks like I may do a trifecta with a 401/501/601.

I think the 401 is too small and the 601 may be too big for a typical race mesh style wheel like a BBS LM / RSGT , Champion Rg19

11. detailersdomain

I've been using the 401 and the 601-602-603-604.

12. chefwong

For those that do now own a set of Powersticks, run out and buy them.
    WHEELS AND TIRES

They pay for itself IMO in one use. Sofar, I've used this on 3 of my rides. No need to pull wheels to get them clean as the sticks do truly get all the way in there. I stiill use my sheepskin mitts for the centers, but for all those years I've spent cramming my finger here and there just to get inside the wheels are over, getting cuts when you get close to the dust shield, etc etc, you will truley appreciate having this tool in your stash.

I was a skeptic myself, as I thought they looked real flimsy but they are well built as well.

13. DJ_JonnyV

Yeah, I took my full set over to the St. Louis detailfest today and did a demo for everybody with the 601. I think I got them all interested.