"Amazon" tax in California - Does this affect DD?

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by richguy66, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

@ Bunky
    What do you mean "california still attracts people" California has some of the most liberal welfare laws in the nation. The people that are leaving the state are those tired of 35% income tax and 10% sales tax, anti business policies, out of control crime and .rampent unemployment at 9%
    As for me leaving its in my 5 year plan. Biggest obstical is my wife has all her family here and she is a in a job she loves.

2. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

It's not just California doing all this, while I will admit California is much worse off then a lot of places, Maryland is just as liberal. They just passed a bill that makes it possible for illegal immigrants to pay in-state discounted tuition costs. So my hard in tax money goes to fund that crap while I forked out an absurd amount just for in-state learning. Not only that but the Chesapeake Bay Bridge is nearly 30 years old and is well more than payed off but still has tolls. Those tolls are $2.50 to cross over the bridge to get to the beach. They are passing legislation for that toll to jump to $8!!!! On top of that they are bringing slots to very nice areas and it attracts absolute trash. The taxes here are outrageous. I am 24 years old and have been saving DELIGENTLY since I graduated college and I am no where close to being able to buy a home because home prices and property taxes are so high here. Liberal - heavy governments are absolutely raping people economically. My parents are moving to Pittsburgh to escape this, I have every intention to follow.

3. Kilo6_one

They want to double to cost of entrance to public parks where I live......... which is ok as long as the money goes TO the park. I believe in "pay to play" if the fee directly funds a specific issue and you are volunteering to pay that fee that is fine, but when the revenue is only to shore up the general fund, and the money is diverted to other programs I have an issue with that. Don't get me started on the Dream Act either, I think its good illegals want to go to college and they should, but not on the tax payers dimes. work hard, pay your own way.........

Chas, come buy a house here! you can get a foreclosed home 2200 sq feet for 165k with 3% down FHA LOL..............

4. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

One of the best discussions ever!

5. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

You have to remember that in any national election (45% vote Democrat, 45% vote Republican, and then the last 10% who move between them decide the election. 40% of either side is a lot of people if you translate dems to liberals and repubs to conservative, This means there are a lot of people who like California so some going and some coming.

6. Kilo6_one

Yes, there are allot of people who like California, I love California, awesome weather, great parks, beautiful beaches, no major natural disasters like floods, snow storms etc.

I just do not like what is going on. HUGE HUGE difference. This state used to be the pinnacle of business, technology and innovation but now its being driven into the ground.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
    -Winston Churchill