All in one polish?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by freefallin2000, Dec 13, 2010.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If you are willing to do a one step polish/sealant and then follow up with wax, why not do a proper one step polish and then follow up with a durable product like Colli 845. On a PC, use B&S yellow or orange with Menz Power Finish and with a rotary, B&S or LC green with Menz Power Finish. One steps usually have very little durability as do most carnauba waxes. Might has well spend your time doing a proper polish and putting a durable finish you can have some confidence in. Just my two cents.

2. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Meguiars D151 is probably the best true AIO. Good correction ability with added protection make this product a must have for real one step projects.

3. freefallin2000

freefallin2000 Birth of a Detailer

I like this Ken. I relaly like the idea of PF with an Uber Yellow, but will the pad leave marring or oxidation? ANs the same with MEgs 205; will the Uber yellow leave any oxidation behind or could I throw some DG 105 right on a call it a day?

4. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Iv'e tried Megs D151, Pinnacle 360, and Optimum Poli seal all on a white polishing pad. OPT Poli seal gives me the best results and provides about one month protection. Its cheap and perfect for one steps.

5. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I will have to respectfully disagree. I found Poli Seal to remove (not hide) more defects than 360 and provide much better protection and slickness. Its also half the price.

6. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

I too have had great results with Poli-Seal.

7. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

You can also add about 25% Optimum polish to get better correction.

8. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

How about Poli-Seal vs. Autoglym SRP?

9. freefallin2000

freefallin2000 Birth of a Detailer

I was also wondering about AG SRP because of the fact that the Pepboys located about 1 mile from me has it for like $15 and I thought I may give it a try. However, I did research it and found that it has a lot of fillers and does not do a whole lot of cutting.

I am not really down for "1-steps" per say, I was simply curious to see if that magical product was out there somewhere. It sounds like PF is the front runner as of right now. I am getting some Scholl products very soon from JL so I am looking forward to trying those out for sure.

I have had tremendous results from 205 and an LC CCS orange pad. I think 205 on a Buff and Shine yellow followed by either DG 105 and or HD wax would be the "go to" if you will for me. I just don't see any of my friends of family wanting or paying for a multi-step correction.

I feel like 205 is going to be the go to polish for most of my jobs unless otherwise specified. I am really comfortable with 205, but 105, now that's a different story. There seems to be a huge learning curve in which I have not come close to mastering yet.

10. porta

porta Jedi Nuba

Use a product like Menzerna Powerfinish, Meguiars 205 or something similar then use a spray wax or sealant.