Adverse or negative comments.

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by togwt, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh you like that? Heres another quote of the late, great John Wooden maybe Jon should study > Be prepared to be honest

I've been had :duh:

Its not nescecarily that Jons post are garbage. Its that he steals all his material from others and gives no credit where credit is due :shakehead:

This type of stuff is truly an uncommon occurence around here and I am truly sorry if this thread is making your tummy ache, but the truth must be told :hmph:

BTW Welcome to DetailingBliss. Hope to see you around :headbang:

Speaking the truth is the only way I know how to operate. Thank you for your support :usa:

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

There once was girl fron nantucket

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Wait! Did this thread go down this road because of the use of a quote? :shead: Where are the mods?

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

This thread went down hill cause it got started... and went even more down hill because of opinions and because of blah blah blah blah

And them some more people went and threw in their objections and then more blah blah blah

Oh, and then that other guy went blah blah blah

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

For those that are still scratching their heads asking themselves "What is going on with this thread, here are the cliff notes:

TOGWT started the thread and used a quote as if it were his own.

TOGWT has been accused of plagiarism on several different occasions on multiple forums. I have read at least one thread where this has been shown/proven

Philbert_Wormley: Obviously has heard of this plagiarism in the past and when he saw it 1st hand he had his fill and called TOGWT out...

6. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

so whats to come of this "calling out"?? i mean i can see both sides of the coin after reading all the posts, but unless TOGWT is banned for plagiarism its just P_W's opinion and his "problem" so to speak. i dont know who TOGWT stole the lines from so i guess it doesnt really concern me. but then again if he is claiming credit and sharing it as if he discovered it then it does affect me.

i have read some of TOGWT's posts and found some to be informative and some not so much. i just take what i feel i can use and move on. its not that i dont see P_W's point, i just dont stress so much over internet goings on i guess.

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I wonder why Togwt is not responding!

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

The main premise of the argument was because I used a quotation an did not give credit to its alleged originator Philbert_Wormley but cited JohnWooden and maybe in light of the second link shown, perhaps it should have been credited to Dale Carnegie.

1. [Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are] John Wooden (Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. by John Wooden)

2. [Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.] - Dale Carnegie (Motivational Sayings - Ten Great Ones)

9. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Philbert, perhaps that wouldn't be such a bad idea. At this point it will hopefully shed some light on what it is you've been trying to prove, and allow members the opportunity to make up their minds on this subject and the subject of Jon Miller. From the get go I was against the path that this thread was taking. Negative threads do little for the betterment of the community. I would have much preferred if all the proof of your allegations had been posted from the beginning. It's a lost cause to try and sway a persons opinion without presenting all the key parts to this puzzle. It sounds like you do indeed have it, but simply neglected to post it. I commend your efforts, if they are noble. Like I stated before, It is wrong to steal someone's work, I don't think that type of behavior should be tolerated, and I'm sure the moderators will bring swift justice if that's the case.

This thread started off down the wrong path, but hopefully it can bring some good, and get this forum and it's members back to happier times.

10. greased

greased Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Are you trying to mediate? Its my understanding that Mediators keep their opinons to themselves unless asked for by the 2 parties? :p :) I get what youre saying, but TOGWT has been kicked off of many boards. There are numerous threads on numerous boards that have been closed/deleted because of him. Im still skeptical that he even knows what he's talking about in general. He nevers posts an opinion. Everything looks like an excerpt from his book that is copyrighted, yet alot of what he posts is wrong. Heres an example. This isnt just a typo or grammatical error...these are fundamentals errors that read like a complete lack of knowledge about the subject. http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/interior-detailing/19377-cleaning-alcantara-faux-suede.htm.

I think Philbert Wormleys' initial post was out of line, in and of itself. But you cant forget that the original post seemed like a preemptive defense. It read , to me, like someone was attacking him in PM's, and he was defended himself publicly. Thats what it came across to me as, and that was before PW has posted. He keeps talking about character, yet its his character thats constantly in question.

Every detailing board Ive been on has had a thread like this with him being the center of it. I think the basis of all this is his copyrighted book that he quotes from, yet mmuch of the info is from somewhere else, uncredited. He could stop all of the madness with a few small changes to how he posts, yet he continues to do otherwise. Thats a stubborness I can understand. But I also know its a stubborness that will get you nowhere when its unwarranted...

11. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

I am surprised that the use of a quotation could elicit such vehement anger. That you have used a quotation on the TID forum, or anywhere else, does not give you any rights to it.

[Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are] John Wooden (Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. by John Wooden)

[But see, the problem is John Wooden stole that quote from me] Philbert_Wormley Really?

A couple of quotes that you are the originator of and therefore have the right to be cited as the originator-

1. [togwt, please excuse me for not reading your intire post(I truly do suffer from A.D.D and my mind drifts.)] Flash Gordon-DB

2. [Just change your IP and rejoin] Flash Gordon - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/25539-banned.html - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum[/url][/U]

3. [Holy Smokes, Someone has to much time on there hands] -http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/detailing-school/9846-detailing-myth-buster-lies-damn-lies.htm

It is a shame that any new member should read this post and form a negative opinion of DB

12. Guess what Genius. Everyone already realises who Philbert K Wormley III is :hmph: This is not news to anyone but you :kiss:

I am extremely busy today, but between breaks I will see what threads I can dig up about some of the questionable threads you hve started in the past. Many of which have caused you to be banned for being a Thief, Fraud and Liar :pye:

I was going to let this thread die, but I see you will not let it. So, I am going to leave you with another quote from the let great John Wooden...:graduation: Be prepared to be honest :giggle:

13. Bunky

Bunky Guest

14. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

So same stuff different forum? This is why Jon is on my permanent ignore list.

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The MODs and DB Boss are watching this thread. So far it seems like everyone is behaving and I hope we can keep it this way.

16. Yes, very intresting how that thread was deleted/edited right before Jons last response. Very smooth Jon :looser:

Alcantara, possibly not as fresh - Detailing World

^^^ Here is a thread where 2 reputable members have figured you out. Intresting how you didn't respond back Jon :dupe:

As time permits I will see what else I can dig up for you Jon :goodn:

BTW Congrats on finally having one of your threads viewed by 1250+ viewers. You can thank me later :chips:

Regards,

Should've let this sleeping dog go nite nite :stirpot:

17. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

I was really not going to pile on..........until Jon would not leave it alone and the continued beatdown by Philbert was not enough for someone to finally say"gee maybe the gig is up and I should go back to my lane".

Even in the UK Jon guys there have seen enough........ and your back handed swipe at me on another site in which I am a sponsor btw in which you felt that an uneducated boob such as myself would never catch the quip in your signature(which of course you have changed back recently). Did you catch what I wrote in my sig.........of course you did.

Here is something to go by....Those that can do.....those that cannot.....well you can finish this statement a thousand ways. Here is something you should put in your sig( <No pics it did not happen>) how come in your five decades of SEMI-pro detailing experience there is not one illustration of you doing anything auto detailing/paint correction related?.

There have been times when you have put incredibly detailed information with chemical breakdowns and the like, but then you made a few statements on things in a way in which I KNEW you did not really do that technique but that you had repeated a text book description or something that is conventional wisdom(internet garbage in garbage out)and in the realworld of working on cars to pay your bills and feed your family you learn real quick thru HANDS ON experience what works and what does not.

Also I talk almost everyday with detailers from all over the country, and when I saw some things from thier write ups or in answers to new guys questions about various things here and other sites I was like......this guy is a cut n paste wizard/ credit taking a**clown, then I really started to pay attention very closely to what you wrote and tried myself to gleen the info you put out and guess what I came up with almost the same stuff word for word.

You banged me for not "Sharing the knowledge" in the detailing community, but I explained my reasons as it was not helping me but hurting my business, and when I do give a tip it is not sell something but to help someone get better results(btw selling a book is just fine and you should be compensated for long hours of research) but I have only seen two occasions in which you put a bibliogaphy on where the info was taken from.

I know this post will get some guys rolling thier eyes and saying "Boy Bob really stirs the poop lately" but as I stated on a post a month or so ago I have a newfound "Zero tolerance" for lies and B.S.. I am supporting Philbert because it was the "TRUTH" that he was after not to go after someone without just cause and taking this to pm's would have not fixed this situation and the continued B.S. would have continued unabated.

Jon it is time to slip quietly into the night.........with the "quickness".

18. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

I must really be dense, I compared the write-ups and see a similarity on the same subject, but nothing that I would call plagiarism. Point the way please. or not.

19. Paint Protection Orlando

Paint Protection Orlando Detailers Advertising Scheme

:popcorn: Let the :spank: continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.