Adam's Metal Polishes vs HRE Wheel ---the winner?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by detailersdomain, Jan 18, 2008.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

This was an Adam's Metal Polish 1 and 2 demo on some wheels that were not cared for in 8000 miles.

Customer was from 6speedonline, complained about his wheels for months! Was about to get them refinished use Mother's Billet, and any and all OTC products.

I told him to drop by before he was going to send them out to get refinished for $$$$.

Here are the results and process:

The rims were quite horrible.

The rims were cleaned then clayed with Adam's Clay Bar and Adam's Detail Spray.

Next we used Adam's Metal Polish 1 followed by Adam's Metal Polish 2.

I initially wanted to demo the products for him so we used a mf applicator pad to apply the metal 1. Then to we removed the excess with a Detailer's Domain MF towel.

(repeated the steps with Adam's Metal Polish 2)

(we did try P21S Metal Polish/Einszett Metal Polish and it was just didn't do much) the Adam's with some time and effort did much better on these HRE's.

Eventually I ended up telling RJ to take the rear wheel off the car and I went to town on the wheels with the Makita hi speed rotary and a Lake Country Wool Pad (with of course the Adam's Metal 1 and 2) took off the excess polish with a Detailer's Domain MF towel. We finished it off to like new conditions.

Total time 1 wheel 1 hour 30 minutes. (1 wheel !)

Before

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After photo.....

The inner spokes.... you can clearly see where I cleaned and where I didn't. The cleaned part is on the left of the picture and the uncleaned part is on the right....

[​IMG]

again the spokes up close...Reflection

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you all think.

2. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

That's a huge turnaround Phil! Looks great!

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

WOW

off a 911? Turbo, GT2 or GT3?

4. detailersdomain

Porsche yes, its a 2006 Boxster

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Boxter....wow I am shocked! PCCB seems a tad hardcore for a Boxter.

Also did you take pics of the other products that you tried out.

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

NICE WORK...

I love seeing thread like this that showcase how to trully sell a service that saves the customer a but load of cash...

Thanks for sharing!

7. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Why did it take so long for ONE wheel?

I cant believe you got them that clean! I HATE polished wheels!

8. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

X2....I will never own another set.

Those did come out looking pretty good considering the shape they were in before :cool2:

9. SpoiledMan

SpoiledMan Birth of a Detailer

PCCB's are *much* larger.:)

10. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Those spokes on the HRE's drive me nuts. Its the one thing that I hate about mine. I must say they look spectacular when you get them polished though.

Great work Phil.

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

How do you plan on protecting these?

12. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

Wow excellent turn around!!!:thumb: Great work Phil. I have to look into getting some of that polish.

13. detailersdomain

they are definitely not ceramic brakes, just yellow as an option from Porsche.

why did they take so long well let me send you one and you can try it out....there was so much oxidation and salt on them from the Salts and 8000 miles that it just look like crap.

14. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Sick turnaround on that wheel!

15. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

OK guys, this brings up a question.

I just got a set of polished aluminum CCW Classics for my S2000. They look absolutely stunning (they're unmounted currently).

What should I use to maintain them?

I just applied a coat of Swissvax Autobahn to them, while they don't have tires mounted, and they do indeed seem nice and slippery. But, if I can avoid it, I'd rather not be polishing the things every weekend. Rest assured I won't let them get like the ones at the top of this thread though...too expensive to do that to them!

16. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Talk about a wicked turnaround, wow!

17. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

Spectacular results. I wonder is that will work well on stainless steel exhaust tips.

18. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

WOW! That was impressive! A lot of time but man does it look great!

19. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Thanks for info on the Polishes, like how you used em with a buffer & leftover pad. They work well via hand!

20. detailersdomain

works awesome on metal tips.

before:
    [​IMG]
    after:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]