Adams car wash and cg maxi suds the same product

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by armenakadino, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

No need to get pissy there Dylan. No one said you claimed to MAKE anything, but that a lot of your products are similar to what CG has and yet your pricing structure is way above what people pay for similar products.

2. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I love me some chocolate chip cookies.

To add something to this thread, I ordered a gallon once of one particular product (that I thought was the same as Adam's) from Chemical Guys, and it didn't perform a fraction as well as the Adam's brand.

3. Adam's Polishes

Adam's Polishes DB Certified Manufacturer

Not 'pissy' at all, but you are essentially implying I am lying in your post, which I'm going to take issue with. I have no reason to misrepresent who we are or what we do, it just gets rather tiresome having to refute hearsay from people who have clearly never used our products and base their opinions on what they've read on forums.

We can debate pricing till we're blue in the face... things we do that they don't include a 110% money back guarantee, better customer service, and play an active role contributing in forums like this. These things all contribute to overhead - if you're shopping purely on price then stick to whats cheap and works for you... our customers come to us for other reasons than finding the cheapest product.

4. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

not to mention, their web designer is obviously higher paid... or @ least should be! Although you could use some more chics on your site Dylan.

on that note, I've noticed the same chic in a picture on 2 different sites, (xxx site and chemical guys) one which claims that their products are not made / bought from chemical guys.

5. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

ill continue to buy adams. love there line and dont care about what chemist they use.

6. mato

mato Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have tried MANY MANY MANY different products and have found that most of Adams products have become go-to products!

7. armenakadino

armenakadino Birth of a Detailer

yikes didnt expect to turn into a big argument

8. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

BTW, there is always a marketing person who will make a claim they sell the product for less. It can look and smell the same but is it really the same? There are a lot of cherry scented car soaps out there.