Adams car wash and cg maxi suds the same product

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by armenakadino, Feb 12, 2011.

1. armenakadino

armenakadino Birth of a Detailer

I was using yesterday maxi suds from chemical guys and noticed it looks smells and foams up exactly like adams car wash. I was wondering if there the same product .

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

2. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Interesting I'm curious to know the answer to this as well. Was just about to pick up some CG Maxi Suds today..

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

probably..... maybe slightly tweaked for trademark purposes.

I love my maxi suds. so cheap, but so effective.

4. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

you can send them over here and I can test it for you, ill be sure to send you back the empty bottles lol
    but yeah their opacity/color looks the same
    if they smell and work the same, no doubt lol
    you can get some ph paper and see if they have the same ph too
    CG does indeed do re-trademarking of products, look on their site =p

5. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

Does it have the yummy cherry smell coming out of it ?

6. Kilo6_one

its a common fact that CG/ warner chemicals makes products for many others.........even adam will tell you, but they are reformulated to fit his needs and specs as well as standards.

I believe Poorboys, some groits garage stuff, and a few others are made/private label by cg. (correct me if im wrong)

7. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

I can confirm it's the same.

8. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Ya Kilo you're probley right. I heard once that CG EZ Creme was pretty similar to PB's black hole glaze..
    And Griot's Garage stuff in my opinion is not that great.

9. infinity

infinity Any Rag Vehicle Washer

The only difference between them is the price tag lol

10. Kilo6_one

LOL. CG, one reason why they are cheap is they dont use fancy flashy labels. and they have no web master, its some kid from the continuation school who has no clue about proper grammer. Keeps the costs down.

I like CG, I think the people who work there are rather worthless, but the prices and the products fall into the lines of what I like and cost effectivness; and i get it in two days or less.

I am not sure what the process is for private labeling, but they do advertise it.

11. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Yup! Half the time I can't understand the product description on the website. But I buy their products because they just seem to work.

12. Kilo6_one

^ read through the arrogant marketing claims, get real world testimony and thier prodcts are really good.

13. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Interesting photo. What about concentration? I know Adam's Car Wash is 1oz per 4 gallons of water which is just insanely concentrated. If I'm not mistaken, Maxi Suds is 1oz per 1 gallon of water? Can somebody confirm? I only have experience with the Adam's product.

14. Kilo6_one

website says 1 cap full per gallon. Its so cheap and I love the foam i just put two caps per gallon.............. LOL.

Are you talking about my avatar?

15. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

lol huge difference!

16. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

apparently CG products arent made by Warner

of course no one knows who makes them, just that theyre not made by Warner hahahaha :shead:

True or False? - Detailing World

17. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

so much drama!

18. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

lol Paul said he manufactures and tests his own products right there in CG Inglewood, CA when I went down last summer

19. armenakadino

armenakadino Birth of a Detailer

ya i decided it has to be the same

20. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I just wish some of the companies often accused of being CG rebottlers would provide a plant tour of where the products are actually made. I do not mean showing pictures of filling bottles from 55 gallon drums. It sure would dispel all the rumors rather than "no they are not".

I just wonder why CG Bare Bones has been available 2 to 3 different colors and multiple scents. It looks like they are picking up production end runs. I have used CG Bare Bones, Adam's UC Spray, and Griot's UC Spray and they were not identical. Maybe consider CG like "coffee of the day" but that is why it costs less.