A Tuscan farewell (out with the old, in with the new...)

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by P1et, Aug 29, 2012.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

My father look delivery of his new 2013 X5 and right before he got rid of the "old" one, my wife and I took it for one last trip to the Tuscany. A proper farewell before being replaced!

If you've never visited Tuscany, I can assure you it's one of the most gorgeous places on this earth. I took more than a 1,000 pictures but here are a few that either feature the X5 or some other interesting cars I saw along the way.

The X5 you see below is a 2008 and has a 106,000 miles on it.

Enjoy!

After driving close to 850 miles to get there, the car actually arrived decently clean. I detailed it the day before and slapped a layer of Menzerna PowerLock on there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fatness...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. P1et

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two lane road + M Sport X5 = nervous in the middle of the night...

[​IMG]

Restore Fiat 600

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waiting to enter the Gothard tunnel. It's 17km long and traffic is only allowed to enter in a staggard fashion. Many cars sit in traffic for hours in the 30C heat. And sometimes, they overheat!

[​IMG]

Last stop before getting home! Average MPG (US MPG) was 24.5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

Nice photos.

4. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Great pics ... really jealous of you. You came back to the States and didn't bring me some Soppressata.

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Nice photo's for sure. I can't believe that that 2008 X5 has over 100k on it though . . . . . good god that's a lot of driving. As for the photo's they were shot with a DSLR? Were they in RAW format? Only reason i ask is because i see some killer photos in there for some HDR work.

Hope you folks enjoyed!

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Very nice pics, bro! Thanks for sharing! X5 is one of the bery best SUVs on earth, hands down...Mine is 2009 4.8i, under 20k miles. I assume yours is diesel, I'm getting 12-13 MPG in the city, and 18-20 MPG on a highway, depending on how I drive...

7. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

8. P1et

Yes, my dad does a lot of miles in it. It's a work horse! Yes, the pictures were taken with a Canon 40D. I didn't shoot in RAW format. Just regular 'ole JPEG.

Thanks! Yes, I really enjoyed driving it 850 miles and 850 miles back. Extremely comfortable. Only issue is that the RFT make a humming noise at a certain speed and when it's quiet on the road at 3am and there's no music on, the humming tends to put you to sleep a bit.

Correct, it's a diesel. Wouldn't (personally) buy an X5 without one. Mind you, that's 24.5 MPG going between 80 and 100 mph and doing the twisties in the mountains. I'm sure it would have been better had I been doing 65-70mph on American motorways.

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Nice trip P1et. Looks like a gorgeous place. Forgot your parents are over there.