A father’s gift to his son, an American soldier

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by RaskyR1, Nov 3, 2013.

1. jfritz

jfritz Virgin Detailer

Okay thanks for the info guys! Hopefully it will make a difference when I Opti-Coat my ULTRA finicky Black STI and again awesome write-up. Coming from a military family I know how much gestures like these mean to our service men and women. :)

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

This is very impressive work, especially on the interior and on the bonnet. That leather really did look night and day different. Great work!

3. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

What a great story! It's always refreshing to read about something like this. I have a couple of questions about the rock chip repair. How long did you let the touchup paint dry before you used the Denibber? And is that the same tool as the Festool Spot Repair Scraper from Kevin Brown's store?

4. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

Fantastic job. That car was a mess.

5. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

I only let it dry about 15-20 minutes between coast but I was hitting it with my IR cure lamp in between too. Then I let it all cure overnight before shaving it down with the Festool the next day.

Yes, same tool that Kevin sells at his store. ;)

6. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Wow. Simply amazing. I've always wondered about how to get rid of some of the hard water etching. The water out here in Hawaii can be really bad. Superb job though! I need to look into some of the things you used.

What type of car lift is that?