A day at the Audi Service Department...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by dsms, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i wonder you would do Dave if you seen them pull it out to wash it or try to wipe with their oily rags that was just dropped on the floor, might have had hard attack lol

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

No heart attack necessary. I would simply tell the manager 4 words " R8 or I'll sue"
    :thumb:

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Yeah! What he said!:thumb:

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Did he just call me a dirty pirate hooker? I think he did. And Ken, you agreed with him!:thud:

5. Nick.944

Nick.944 Birth of a Detailer

Haha i did the same thing at the Lexus dealer last month for for 30k service but only had one post-it note on the navi screen.

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

sex video chat. blah blah, 3000 girls, 2500 guys, you havent seen this yet, blah blah blah.

just dont get why country is netherlands and its in russian

7. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Got these printed and ready for my service on Sat.

[​IMG]

8. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

For years I have been telling every single customer of mine to do that. Only one time did it not work. I ended up with a $500 check for that detail. Thank you Fairfax BMW! :worship2::worship2::worship2:

9. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Well...I had my car serviced yesterday. Prior to taking it in, I took her to my local self-spray, bucket washed, dried. Took it to my work and drove it inside to let some of the water evaporate while I cleaned up under the hood a bit and cleaned the interior.

Needless to say, the stealer didn't touch the paint. But the tech adviser told me, "next time you come in I owe you a car wash". I politely declined. :giggle:

10. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

that is a smart Idea, thank god i dont go to the dealer much..... but you can tell the service guy to his face.... " dont touch my car" and what does he do? Not relay the message, and the car gets washed.

11. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

That's a great idea...luckily though the VW dealership doesn't wash cars so I don' t have anything to worry about :) I do remember the day that my dad picked up his BMW there was a "detail" guy out there, wiping the entire car down with a kinda-sorta clean towel of unknown composition. After that my dad has always told them to please not wash or do any "detail" work on the car when he takes it in. I would print some of those off and stick them in my mom's Mercedes GL450 as it's going in for service tomorrow, but the Mercedes dealership actually has a touchless car wash and honestly the car is so filthy and disgusting and covered in salt and grime I'm fine with that. One less car for me to wash, that thing is massive.

12. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

I'd leave a note saying to not hand dry afterwards or something. :S You never know, theres could be a guy at the tunnel drying off the excess water.

13. impakt

impakt DB Forum Supporter

I'm taking my X5 in for an oil change at the stealer tomorrow. Definitely making sure to put these signs up even though my car isn't clean. Would much rather not have them mess up my winterized car.

14. pmb600

pmb600 Virgin Detailer

You would like the new MB dealership design standards. Any new dealership has to have glass walls/windows in the waiting area so that you can see into the shop and watch while you wait.