911fanatic vs Evo

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by 911Fanatic, Feb 17, 2011.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I always apply the wax by hand. :) B&S Yellow with Power Finish is awesome. No refining necessary. Would it amp up the gloss to follow up with 106 or 85rd? Sure. But its not necessary. Write up on the quad to come.

2. detaildoc

detaildoc DB Forum Supporter

Awesome job Ken. That car is rocking.

3. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Looks good! Lol 6 degrees would be warm for us.

4. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I'm not sure if there is any microhazing left on the paint with that pad/polish combo, but if so, 85rd wipes the slate clean...as good as any factory finish.

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

looking good as usual, I am really diggin the overall shine of all parts of the car.

6. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Not that I know of, I detailed a brand new one tow years ago.

7. 911Fanatic

Absolutely none on any type of paint so far. If there was, I wouldn't be suggesting the combo.

8. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I'm not sure that po85rd would be of any benefit in that case. (I'm truly sorry i did not mean that you would have left microhazing)
    although the menzerna charts show a gloss of 3.8 for powerfinish and a 5.0 (max) for the 2 polishes in question???

9. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

Looks great! Makes me look forward to trying out the Powerfinish I bought this winter

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Beautiful work on this yellow monster Ken!

11. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

looks really good. I am impressed with how efficient you work too, it still takes me a long time

12. 911Fanatic

It sounds boring, but the only way to become quick/efficient, is to do every car the same way, every time. I've been doing this for 18 years now. Lots of practice.

13. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

14. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

is it ok to skip claying before polish if you use iron x?

15. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Excellent work! How exactly do you clean inside the door jams where the hinge area is? Do you use a brush for that with an apc?

I'm also really interested in how you decontaminated the car? I thought claying was the only option.... what you did seems much easier?

16. 911Fanatic

All depends on how bad your car is. After using the IRONX, run your hand over the car. A well maintained car may not need any further attention.

I spray APC into the jamb and agitate with one on the RG brushes. If I am using the hose, I set the nozzle on the SHOWER setting and turn the tap down a little bit so it doesn't splash. If I'm using the pwasher, I don't start the pwasher. I just use the water pressure flowing through the machine. As for decontamination, I used the C Quartz Iron X. It works by dissolving the contaminants stuck to the paint. Keep in mind it doesn't work on road tar so you'll have to follow up with a tar and adhesive remover, or clay.

17. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Looking good Ken :thumb:

18. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

great work Ken. HD looks great on yellow paint. was car repainted or its original color. never seen evo in this color