911fanatic vs 2002 Jetta

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by 911Fanatic, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Very nice turn around Ken, nice to see you using 105 and a wool pad.

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice work KEn.

Did I miss the 50/50 and finished shot of the sunroof? Wanted to see the results of the DG glass stuff. what pad did you use on it?

3. magnumrt

magnumrt Birth of a Detailer

Great work Ken!

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

The 50/50 is right before the pic of the spotted sunroof glass. Sorry about that, I loaded them in the wrong order.

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

ok. thanks. looks like i might need to order a bottle of that stuff.

do you think i could apply it with a rotary and a white pad?

6. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

:thumb:

I also appliy multiple coats and some of the discussions regarding solvents made me wonder if I really was actually layering or merely replacing one coat with another..

I discovered Opti Seal really makes white pop and I was curious specifically about layering 845 on top. Got a reply from Dr. G at Optimum saying after 24 hrs for the polymers to crosslink 845 is perfectly compatible. White is frequently a boring shine but this combo is absolutely stunning!

TL

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Yes definitely. Spritz a little water on the pad to thin the polish out a bit or it can be a bear to remove. Put a bead of Nu glass ( about 2 inches long ) down the centre of the pad and have at it. That will easily do half a windshield. :)

Funny you should say Opti Seal as I put it on one fender as I had never used it before and was amazed at how glossy it was. I would have done the whole car in it but after reading some reviews about poor durability ( 2-3 months ) I decided against it.

8. Dial Up

Dial Up Birth of a Detailer

Nice work :thumb:

sick reflection shots! :mounty:

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Well done Ken vehicle looks great :thumb:

Black is so rewarding when detailed properly isn't it :nod: :nod:

By the way the banner looks good :druling:

10. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Bangin work Ken, really just awesome correction!

11. mongrelcat

mongrelcat Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice work! :afro:

12. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

There ya go... Opti Seal's intense shine with 845's longevity on top. Oughta be a killer combo! :thumb:

Probably not practical for-hire though you'd need the car long enough for the sealant to crosslink.

TL

13. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Great work on a cool car! Like to different cars for sure

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

simply amazing work, Ken!

15. richy

richy Guest

Ken...that job just rocks..just rocks!!! No kidding the customer was happy...no VW ever looked that good coming off the line brand new! Looks like you're really getting the hang of the Nikon too with the long exposure shots and what-not. Good for you man...your work deserves to be captured in the best way possible.