86 Mercedes- washing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dannyk, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

I could use some input on what too use on a car that looks like it never had a detail job in its life. Built up wax and dirt over the years. What car wash product will cut thru all the buildup so i can proceed with the next phase ? Thanks.

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and CLEAR. That stuff is awesome. And if you really want to clean the snot out of it, mix 2 oz of CW&C with about 1.5 oz of CGs Strong Wash.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I would definitely go with a 3 step chemical wash.

4. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the input guys, appreciated. The 3 step chemical process. so i'm clear, what 3 step chemical process would that be?

5. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

Finish Kare 1 makes a good one. Finish Kare FK1 1119 / 883 Paint Decontamination System

It does a great job of making sure your paint has *no* contamination in it at all. You're pretty much left with paint/clear coat, and nothing else.

6. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

7. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

The Finish Kare Decontamination process claims that clay barring basically only gets the tip of the iceberg in terms of removing the contamination. It says an acid wash is needed to remove embedded contaminants in the clear coat. On a side note, I really like their 425 QD. I have not tried the decontamination system though, I can't say anything about it other than what's listed on their site.