5l sonax full effect

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by nyrep1, Sep 2, 2010.

1. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

hello all,

how many cars should i expect a 5l of full effect to last? i currently use opt apc at 3.1 , but im thinking a daytona wheel brush and sonax will save me some time. just concerned with the use/cost ration now

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I used about an oz per wheel of the sample I got. 5 litres is roughly 165 oz or so. So that would put you at 40'ish cars. But i could easily see someone using more. I was being careful with it because of the amount I had.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Ive used up to 250ml on a car before.

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

same here, but it really depends on how soiled the wheels are, obviously.

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

what else does this sonax compare too? A lot of people say its good and strong yet safe but what other products would you say sonax most resembles?

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

This is why even though I know Sonax, Diablo, P21S, and all those other PH nuetral wheel cleaners are safer you just cannot beat the value of Megs WB...

7. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

I use CG Diablo or Sticky Gel for the inital cleaning. Then I hit the remaining embeded stuff with the Sonax. And then if there still crud remaining then I will try some Megs WB on it .

I can keep my Sonax usage down this way. So far Sonax has worked wonderfully on everything I have tried it on.

8. nyrep1

incase anyone was wondering i picked up a 500ml bottle to sample and have done 3 cars and have about 1/3 of the bottle left

9. nyrep1

update 5.75 cars untill an empty bottle

10. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

i know megs wb has the best value but is it safe for all the wheels? i have only used it for factory painted wheels..What kind of wheels should I avoid using WB?

11. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Don't use WB on aftermarket wheels as you can never tell if they are powder-coated or not, and you can't determine the quality of the paint/powder-coat process. You can use it on chrome wheels and virtually any OEM wheels that are standard on the vehicle.