550XI M sport New car prep + Opti Coat

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by premshine09, Jul 23, 2013.

1. premshine09

premshine09 Jedi Nuba

Up here is a brand new (approx. 400 miles on the odo) BMW 550Xi with the available M sport package- this client of mine has been with me for a while and had contacted me a while back when first deciding to make the moves on the new bavarian sedan.

Objective was to give the 5 a new car prep with an application of Opti Coat 2.0 to set the sedan off on the right foot.

The only correction was needed was a single step which was acheived with my Rupes and PC on nearly 95% of the body. The 5 was given a total of 3 decon washes- a final being a dawn wash to strip any oils etc. before coating application.

Befores- NOTE- marring and other minor swirling from improper washing/ the factory were all VERY minor and extremely hard for me to photograph- hence the lack of before correction pics.

Dull and full of dust
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Built up grease from the dealership- eventually stripped
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Typical brake dust and the greasy tire shine applied by the dealer slung all over the wheel faces/ barrels- lots of silicone here!
    [​IMG]

The fain and very small swirls and random areas full of marring were hard to capture by camera
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The interior was completed and the 5 was pulled into the shade for its first decon wash

Sonax FE setting up here on the wheels
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quick wash pic - Dawn and CG Citrus wash and clear dwelling here
    [​IMG]

A combination of Sonax PF and Menz 106 was used across the entire body- multiple IPA wipedowns and a full wash to strip off any remaining oils prepped the surface for Opti Coat, tires dressed with Opti gel, windows cleaned, all weatherstripping and seals dressed with 303 and the motor and other various trim pieces dressed with Megs HD diluted 2:1. Opti coat was also applied to the wheels.

Afters:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The shadow trim that comes optional with the M package was of course properly taped off and polished + coated as well- this took a little bit of patience and time as you can imagine- trim also dressed appropriately following decon wash
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very, very, beautiful interior color combo- a very tasteful choice by the client
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gorgeous metallic in the light
    [​IMG]

Completed motor
    [​IMG]

Correction afters:
    The hood
    [​IMG]
    Front fender
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Door shot:
    [​IMG]
    Pillar
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Door
    [​IMG]
    Rocker
    [​IMG]
    Near the C-pillar
    [​IMG]
    Rear fender
    [​IMG]

Some of the best shots- Opti 2.0 does extremely well on darker colors
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!
    - Dan K.

2. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Great work Dan.

3. Vinbags44

Vinbags44 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great work. What a difference.. I wish dealerships would do a better job. When I picked up my new car I was sick to my stomach. They ripped off the transport plastic and washed it with a bucket of who knows what and a brush on a stick. I had to work on it for almost two days too get it where I wanted.