4000 MEMBER SALE - This is the one!

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I'm going to have to disagree. It wasn't my error that caused the problem. While it may seem on face value that it is a simple transaction, it really isn't. Business isn't always about getting the money upfront, it's about giving more than is owed. By this practice, you build a list of devoted clients through respect. Think of the law of increasing returns. If I had a sour experience with a dealer, what are the odds that I'll go back? What are the odds that I'll recommend a dealer to my buddies and people on other forums? Losing $5-10 dollars now may seem like a bad thing, but it isn't a drop in the bucket compared to the potential loss of sales in the future from loss word of mouth and repeat business. Even if I didn't run around and badmouth a dealer, it still has a great impact. In reality, people are allowed to run their business how they see fit, and should do so accordingly. That's all I have to say about that.

2. Road Trash

Road Trash Birth of a Detailer

From an outside point of view from someone who didn't even know about this..or try to order.

I personally think everyone was playing on the same field. But the fact that it wasnt made clear that you need to checkout (or pay) to have the discount honored has some value here.

For the reason being that if I know that im getting 35% off as opposed to 20% I may take a look at some other stuff on impulse. And thats what I think Reflect ran into.

But again. PHIL may have not even known that. Or maybe that's the only way his system works on his end.

Whether Phil honors it to Reflect and the other person it happened to should be settled privately or this is all just going to become a clusterfuck.

3. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Phil always try his best to please his customers, I will continue doing business with him because i enjoy every product I got from him.

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I feel bad for Phil... Poor guy can't win for losing....

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but it does clearly say that only ONE COUPON is available for the 40%. This isn't the first time we've bought something online. Once someone enters the code, regardless if they buy a single t-shirt or a 1,000 Kwazar bottles, after it's entered it's gone.

I sincerely hope that you don't stop respecting Phil because of this, as I don't know anyone else that goes this after to please his audience.

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

My situation was different that reflect's, in that the dd site told me server error on 3 different attempts to checkout. I was on the last screen, trying to click "PLACE ORDER". and each time, got a server error, try again in a few minutes. It didn't say invalid coupon code. I was dog tired yesterday ( a 3 year old and a 3 week old will do that to a guy), so decided "F*ck it, I don't really need to spend the money anyway" and just gave up.

Was I a little annoyed to see that the next guy 20 minutes later was able to place his order and claim the 30% coupon and have the site work for him? Of course. But whatever. I'm over it. Actually, It saved me a couple hundred bucks.

7. Reflect

It was for the 35% and not the 40%. I had entered it and it had registered in the site, then I had essentially changed to another product with the coupon still registered in the system, and it wouldn't let me do it. I'm not arguing the quantity of the coupons, I'm arguing that I had it first, just like the directions stated.

I didn't say anything about losing respect for Phil, it's just that I would have handled the situation much differently. Not to discredit any other vendor, but I think that Ken deserves a hell of a lot of respect, especially from me. He has sent me numerous messages in regards to my order concerning availability, time frames, colors etc. He has dealt with, and promptly might I add, every annoying message I've sent him with a smile on his face. That's how I like to spend my money.

At this point we're just talking business, not to destroy anyone's credibility. If I owned a business and made a unilateral mistake, I would certainly fix it. Just my opinion.

8. Frankastic

it sucks kissing ass, I dunno how people does it. cuz I kno I can't.

9. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

hey guys your posting everything here but no one has sent me an email yet.

I'm pretty much available 24 7.

10. Reflect

Who are you referring to?

11. Reflect

I'm over the whole ordeal, I just like having a friendly debate.

12. Road Trash

Road Trash Birth of a Detailer

Reflect = Drama queen

Debate over.

13. Reflect

There goes your school clothes money.

14. Frankastic

I'm referring to everyone, I grew up in my family business where my dad kisses everyone's ass. those people always coming back asking more n more. so I'm tired of kissing people ass. but we all have to do it, jus that Phil has a over 4,000 people to please. n I have only a few.

15. Reflect

Well most importantly, those people continue to come back.

16. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Phil, I'm not worried about it. If it bothered me enough, I would've sent you an email. No worries.

Honestly, I really didn't have the extra money anyways. I just tried the code, it worked, so I figured what the hell. Then I got the server error.

17. Frankastic

yep that's why I keep returning to Phil.

18. detailersdomain

ok u know how to get me

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

placed an order for Kwazar Mercury Pro + 1 Liter Trigger Spray Bottle 6 Pack, order # 19285. Thanks again, Phil!

20. detailersdomain

got it, it will go out today.