3M's new Car Wash soap is simply amazing!!!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Paul Dalton aka Miracle, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Strokin04

Strokin04 Birth of a Detailer

Kind of like wax it magazine and their offer to you, to promote the magazine in exchange for free issues? Did you ever get those issues?:shead:

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Did that really happen? Shady...

3. Strokin04

4. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

I do Love 3M products.... but there is nothing really special about this Soap.

IMO, the subs were not that great, It required alot of soap to make a bucket, and the cleaning power was average.

I would say that there are much better soaps from CG that I Like alot more.

5. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

no they didnt promise me free issues . i got one and payed for it . they promised me some free stickers ect. but i promoted this before wax it said they would give me free stuff.because i was so excited for this to come out . but what ever....

6. Strokin04

That is not what you said in a your post (#79) of the thread you STARTED "New detailing magazine", I was just stating the facts. I found your post from that thread contradicts the earlier post in this thread about Tiger Woods and Nike.

So would you promote anything on this site, if promised something for free? :shead:

Your post in the "new detailing magazine" thread looks like you promoted a magazine before you ever seen it.:shakehead:

7. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i saw this on detailing world . and alot of members on there were ordering it . and it looked good . and i was excited about it so i ordered one. and then i posted that a new detailing mag was coming out . so i shared this info on d/b . that is it!!! then wax it p/med me thanking me for posting this and said spread the word. and thanks .i said no prob i know . and i was nt lookinf for anything in return .then wax it said he would throw me some free stickers with my mag. and i said thanks. thats it . so dont start with me thinking i was out . to do anything dishonest. i was just happy to see a detailing magazine come out ...

8. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

and as i stated in anotherpost. i really feel bad some members got burned . i never ment any harm. and yes i shouldnt of posted wax its mag in the first place. made a mistake is all .. love detail bliss . you guys are truly like family to me .

tom

9. richy

richy Guest

Tom...don't sweat it....

pssstt....maybe ease up on sniffing the detailing products, LOL
    hahahahahahaha

10. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

thankssss you allways have the nicest words to say !! and yes ill give a quick sniff of some souveran wax to clear my stuff noesy.... thanks richy !!

tom

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Absolutely not your fault Tom. Personally, there is nothing wrong with writing a review on a product even if you got it for free. In the end, we just want to share products with other members on DB that we enjoy using.

So pissing on a review just because it was a freebie isn't right. However, reviewing a product in a positive light BECAUSE you got it for free and lying about liking it even though it's crap, well, that's what I feel is wrong.

12. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

ifimis wrote about likeing the magazine before i recieved it . that was a mistake ..it was a while ago i dont remember .but anyway water under the bridge . thanks guys for understanding ... wont happen again thats for sure .....have a great week guys .happy detailing !!!

your truly

tom

13. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Any Rag Vehicle Washer

A perfectionist never sacrifices quality for a little more money (3M sponsorship). If Paul is willing to use it, then I'm willing to believe it's legit. Plus, it's just soap, not the world's next groundbreaking nano polish or something.

14. raiderboy

raiderboy Two Bucket System Washer

[QUOTE

So pissing on a review just because it was a freebie isn't right. However, reviewing a product in a positive light BECAUSE you got it for free and lying about liking it even though it's crap, well, that's what I feel is wrong.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I feel, I tried the soap and it really isn't that good. I've used 3M for years so it's not that I don't like the brand, but this product is average to say the least. Plus the title of the thread sounds like a cheesy infomercial

15. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Virgin Detailer

cool tip

16. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Tried it, and its a long way from good.

17. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

i also tried it, man is this soap watery as f@$k! its ok its not as good as paul made it out to be which only makes me think even more that hes sponsered my 3m

18. bvhbmw

bvhbmw Birth of a Detailer

Why does it matter if the soap is watery if we add it to water? I have used it and I like it. I use it in the foam gun too and it works very well.

19. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

your right it doesnt matter i just never seen soap like that it just was kind of weird to me, but i do feel like you have to put a little extra soap in your bucket/cannon to get some good foam going with it

20. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

i always like the zymol wash an tried this an i must say i use it all the time now i'm very impressed with 3m coming along way:thumb: