3M UltraFina

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Cooter, Jan 15, 2008.

1. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

I don't like using it via DA, I much prefer using it via rotary. But yes, it's compatible.

2. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

+1 :headbang:

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

thanks.. so I would assume it is similar to Opt... better with rotary but acceptable with da...

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Well it's odd becuase the bottles say the same name but the UK version is different, it behaves different and I personaly think it gives better results, but then again it could be my eyes playing tricks on me again :confused: Darn UK boys get all the good stuff, I personally will stick to the UK products rather then the US/Canadian products, UK products haven't let me down yet...so I'll keep using them. But that's just my :2cents:

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

working on the pricing and supplier as we speak :)

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Phil you'r getting the 3M products from the UK? Sweet :chest: :chest: man you the man bro :applause:

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

For the UK stuff?

8. Rydawg

Rydawg Any Rag Vehicle Washer

It glides a tad better than opt. and works forever. It actually removes all the buffer trails and all hairline scratches. It bumps the gloss to an all high level.

Workability is a perfect 10!

Via rotary:
    Other finish polishes have a stopping point after it is all broken down, if you over buff you will get trails that will show in the future if you do not have the eye and skill.

UF is fool proof and as long as you work it in with pressure at first removing the swirls and then work it in with no pressure at the end the gloss will go through the roof.

It is a simple polish that shows excellent results.

9. detailersdomain

yes put all my requests in let's see what I get back,

In the meantime I have 3m pumper pads (yellow and black)

5 left of each at $49.95 plus shipping

5 left of the 3M ultrafina se 50383 -- $49.95 plus shipping

5 left of the pads 50388 (2 per box)

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Excellent information, thanks for taking the time!

11. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

So whats the # for the UK ultra fina?

12. detailersdomain

Ultrafina SE uk 50383

13. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Are you getting the fast cut plus? #50417

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Man I'm glad someone else noticed the difference, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Thanks for sharing Phil :thumb:

I'm really curious to see what information you get back with regards the UK order, you know what else you should try to get. Tardis, that stuff rocks 10x better then Tarminator. Rich is hooking me up with a 25L container :peace: just a suggestion and my :2cents: oooh I haven't received this product just yet so don't know how good it is but Menzerna 7.5 wheel gel (or somethin like that) is supposed to have a bit more bite to it compared to P21S gel. I've got some of that coming in as well :thumb:

15. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

Tried ultrafina today. 85rd still gives me a better look. Though ultrafina was easier off.

16. detailersdomain

that's what I though you would say...how do you like the backing plate.

17. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

X2:gidiup::mounty::p:

18. Rydawg

Rydawg Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thomas, how do you like your backing plate?

19. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Me like very much.

20. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

So far so good, i think i need to pick up a 2nd 9227c for the yellow backing plate though.