3M UK Pads vs 3M US Pads

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Thrasher, Aug 27, 2008.

1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I just got my UK yellow 3M pad. I havent used it yet, but it fits perfectly with the 3M backing plate and it feels like a gray or maybe even a blue CCS pad. Cant wait to see how much cut it has.

2. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

We got in some 3M UK pads last week on Christmas eve. The blue one is super soft, the yellow is softish and the green compounding pad is quite hard.

The yellow polishing pad seemed to me to be too soft but from a quick initial test run it seems to offer decent correction despite it's softness.

The green pad with 3M Fast Cut Plus is terrific and cuts back swirls and scratches with ease, doesn't leave a half bad finish either actually.

The blue pad with some 106FA also works really nicely, not much correction wise but leaves a fantastic finish.

I will try to get some pics of the various combo's on our next detail on Friday to see how they compare. Overall I feel they are fantastic pads especially when combined with the 3M UK backing plate, an awesome combo that makes buffing a pleasure ;)

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Glad to hear you got some decent correction out of the yellow pad. I cant stand the firm pads such as orange CCS.

4. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

I made a big order with eShine on some Sonus pads! Can't wait till they get here, I have a Alfa Romeo detail coming up.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooooh I look forward to this one :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I'll be looking for it.

6. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

I'll let you know when I post it up. Expect it this weekend!

7. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Does anybody know a better source to order 3M US pads? The detailerguy site, it sucks.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

If your in Canada you could always go to a body shop store, they cary 3M US pads. If anything you can just go directly to 3M US website.

Hey check to see if you have a store called Carlson's Autobody Supply Ltd. That's the one I go to all the time and love all the goodies they have :thumb: I think that's the business name I'll double check :shead:

9. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

hey thanks for the reply Carlos. I googled that and came up with nothing. I did find a few body shop supply stores though. I'll probably give em a call. Never really thought about checking body shops. Thanks bud!

edit: Found some stuff on the 3M site. Do they only make 8", 5 1/4", and 3" pads?

10. BJsBuds

BJsBuds Guest

11. gu_norcal

gu_norcal Any Rag Vehicle Washer

thats where i ordered mine from just last week

12. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

I am pretty sure that is the only size pads they make, but not 100%.