3M Professional Undercoating *Pics*

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Handz, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

wow that came out great. will have to do it on mine. some places are not consistent anymore so it would be nice touch. will be harder though couse shocks in the way but oh well.
    hmm. looks like i got no coating at all. there are a lot of noise coming from there rear wells. have you noticed any noise reduction with this stuff?
    [​IMG]

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for sharing!

3. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

Misha, I havent really driven the car enough to say how well the sound insulation is. I will be driving about 75 miles today in car (Freeway & Street) so i will update you with my opinion on the sound.

Just for the record, I dont think my car is a very good subject for testing sound insulation. The suspension on my car is FAR from stock and most of the bushings on the rear have been replaced with Solid Spherical bushings so PLENTY of noise gets into the cabin no matter what I do.

4. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Looks great :thumb:

5. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

Misha, I would take just a few minutes on each side to unbolt the coil assembly on your honda and spray behind it.

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

Thanks. when i replaced those things couple years ago it took me maybe half hour per each one to replace. ill have to see its its gona be just unbolting top or i will have to do more then that.

7. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Nice work. I had to do the same thing to my GT and offer it to clients as well.

Attached Files:

8. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i may have to do that to my frontier this coming weekend... gonna be replacing the brakes and rotors

9. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

Update: I didnt notice any change in sound....

10. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

Well, I went and bought some and did mine too.

Looks awesome and it's really easy to apply. Add some CG bare bones to it and it looks fantastic :)

11. richy

richy Guest

That looks SO much better!

12. cnut

cnut Guest

Big improvement on the wheel well! Good job btw.