36hour Mini-Resto: NSX : 130pics+Vids by dsms...

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Great work on that NSX David!!! Boy that interior recovery was sure tedious!

2. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

all i can say is well played sir, well played. outstanding work!

3. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Thank you! On a side note about the door jambs I had no idea all that sand made its way to the trunk area jambs, I opened the trunk (after correction) as was pretty surprised to find all that sand. It came out easily with some vacuuming and then I cleaned it further with the brush and APC. Usually I clean the driver and passenger side jambs during the wash process so I dont get any drip after the car is polished out etc. I didnt even think the concealed trunk jambs would carry retain that amount of dirt, but as with everything is detailing, nothing is ever as easy as it looks. :giggle:

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Thanks Piet, im glad you understand my point about those ridiculous introductions in regards to the car featured in write up. I'll admit I have said a few words as an intro beforehand on some other cars but realized it just is not necessary, and some people take it too far... going into racing heritage etc etc. If a car is really something rare or very special than its fine to give people a prior understanding of what it is or maybe even what its capable of... but we all know the NSX already and as you so elequently stated " If I wanted to know about the car, I'd visit WIKIPEDIA!!!" , I agree with you brother:headbang:

I meant to multi quote this with the last post btw.

5. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

First, Thanks for sharing and putting this up for all to see, very impressive. I echo your comment on the ear protection, being an owner of a Flex, the droning sound after a period of time can be considered lethal for your ears. Not sure if this means anything on the engine detail, but have you tried Stoners trim spray ? I think you should have a class on how to detail cars. Keep up the outstanding work.

6. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

Simply Stunning!

The interior looks great after the off-road excursion it went through.

Job Well Done, you have made the Honda Gods and their followers very happy :thumb:

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Nice turn-around on a fabolous car.
    That interior was beyond filthy before you got a hold of it.

Where did you get the racatac? Looks like an interesting tool I need to get :D

8. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

Another great turnaround. Thanks for taking the time to share.

9. Paint Protection Orlando

Paint Protection Orlando Detailers Advertising Scheme

Great work as always! Excellent write up!

10. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

Man, where to begin! What results, and I absolutely love your correction!

You know, I wish I had the time to keep up my detailing like you do. How old are you?

11. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Sensational!

I'm curious about something that I may have missed in the writeup. How did you get under the wing? Does it come off the engine lid?

12. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Nice job David! Looks like that one got pulled from the trenches!

13. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

Great job as always David!

The car looks phenominal now that you have worked your magic on it!

There's nothing better than a perfectly detailed red sports car...

Awesome job on the write up :thumb::thumb::thumb:

14. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

Car looks amazing, you are definetly in the top dog catagory of detailers. Your work is amazing and your write ups are amazing.
    To clean that interior did you use any compressed air? I bet a steamer would have really helped out there.

15. Racer

Racer Birth of a Detailer

This is beyond detailing, its..PERFECTION.

Just amazing your work

16. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Excellent detail and documentation. This is one for the scrapbook. No fluff with the write-up just pure detailing, one of my favorite S&S in a long time ... this is what detailing is all about!

17. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

No compressed air was used, actually need to buy a new compressor so im shopping around. As far as a steamer goes that is my next big purchase, I am really interested in the Vapor Clean Desiderio unit from Kleen Car. Its mainly a high temp/high pressure steamer but it also has a carpet extractor feature where hot steam is blasted into the cars and sucked out simultaneously. Nothing beats the real thing but 2 machines in one is a huge plus. I really think a steamer would be beneficial to just about every interior job. I'll go in with the steam on the carpets, leather and all trim etc. and just follow up with the dressing or protectant of choice. Time is money:shrug:

Anyways thank you Berscht for the compliments:worship2:

18. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

mmmmm i saw that extractor/ steamer. it looks amazing.

19. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I thought it was the one and only but after inquiring about it Kevin Farell told me its not the most reliable unit to own and that there are better options out there. Of course there is the Therma Kleen but that is a big wallet drainer. :hmph:

20. Cyclo

Cyclo Birth of a Detailer

And here I am wanting a little history on the car. :) I knew a little hottie that had one of these back in the early 90's. She was in CT. I believe, would be nice to know if this was her car. Never know, it has Jersey plates.

Still one thing that is so good are your foto skills.. Your jeweling shots really show the work you put into it. And to see a car with such age, given almost a new exterior would make the owner very happy. I think I might have used some Black WOW on that frt. lower arm dam.

When you saw that Interior, I wonder what your thoughts were as to how it would finish out. Really it was more than just a good job David :applause: :applause2: :mounty: