3 coats PL and two coats P21s 100%

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Kilo6_one, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

ok, after ripping off the 5 layers of Zaino Z5 I went over the car with three coats of PL over a period of two days, then added 2 coats of p21S 100%

All I can say is it blows Zaino out of the water, it darkened the color, made it have depth and looks insanley wet.

Ill be putting a NaviWax on it this spring, so we shall see. Ill post more pics up from a small photo orgy that Im going to do wednesday.

Hope you like.
    These pics were taken with a cell camera
    [​IMG]

2. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Sick ride bro,Im glad to hear the outcome of the PL.This will be my next sealant purchase.

3. Kilo6_one

Yeah, im very happy with PL, Its very predictable.... that is my sealant of choice.

4. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Sure that spoiler is big enough ;)

5. zliegen

zliegen Any Rag Vehicle Washer

My god man! That looks fantastic! I also love the STI spoiler :) I want a WRX some day and I've told myself and others that I won't have one without that wing.

All these posts with PL are making me want to spend my money on Power Lock so bad, and I don't need it at all especially since I just finally found an LSP that I'm REALLY happy with (UPGP).

6. Kilo6_one

the wing makes it......... it looks rather boring without it. There are alot of good sealants out there, I just like to stick with what works for me. No right or wrong answer......

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Car looks awesome. Spoiler suits the car. D is just old! LOL

8. Kilo6_one

Im 37..... It helps me relive my glory days. LOL.

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Love your tinted front window! Government just don't understand it, its a sin not to have your windows tinted...

10. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Wow, that looks awesome!! I have both PL and 100%, but never have done the combo.... I'll have to try it! I usually top my PL with 915 because of it's durability. But, like most other wax addicts, I'm game for trying new combos :D

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Looks really good. With PowerLock on the market, there is NO reason to use Zaino any longer.

12. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

P1et I am sure you have tried alot of products out. Which of the two do you happen to like more and why? Menzerna Powerlock more or Blackfire Wet Diamond.

13. P1et

I have not tried Blackfire Wet Diamond yet. I've tried quite a few sealants in my time though, and MAN, it just doesn't get much better than Power Lock. It's one of the few sealants where I can actually see a noticable difference in my finish quality. Top notch product.

14. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

looks good man, love the wheels and front lip

although i have a few of the heavy hitter sealants now (not super sealants) i cant really tell much difference bw them. So for me i choose a sealant based on ease of use, and you wont get much easier app/removal than PL

if you're keen on trying a new LSP, id go for vic chaos

15. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thanks man, thats how I feel about Blackfire Wet Diamond its the easiest sealant I have used and 1 oz or less will coat an entire large vehicle. It leaves you with an extremely wet / glossy look that is very hard to beat. Not only that 2 coats have lasted me 5 months on my black mustang gt that sits outside 24/7.

The reason I wanted to know about Powerlock is because alot of members seem to like it alot and claim its one of the better sealants on the market right now. So I wanted to see how it held up to BFWD, because I was going to get Cquartz but decided to hold off. Reason being is, I like to correct my finish every 6 to 9 months since its black and with Cquartz its on there for 2+ years so I would have to live with the swirls that come with time. Maybe I will try Powerlock this time around. My apologies to the OP for taking the thread off topic.

16. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

PL is amazing stuff. I put two coats on before winter and topped with SW Blau Weiss.
    The bead is amazing....and the gloss is amazing.

17. P1et

Love Blau Weiss, fantastic wax. I put a layer of it on my mother's car in September and it's still beading extremely well.

18. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

what would you say gave you the most gloss? the p21s or the powerlock?

19. Kilo6_one

gloss came from the PL, the depth and color came from 100%.

I still use zaino, on wheels and under door pulls places where a WOWO works best (but mainly to use my last bottle up) I like thier spray seal too.... leather cleaner and glass polish as well. But Ive pretty much phased Zaino as a sealant out of my life. LOL

As for durability of wax, im not worried about it becasue I enjoy waxing my car so if it lasts two monthes, thats great, gives me the opertunity to try new stuff.

Thanks for the kind words.....
    I have tried real hard to keep this car in prime condition its a 2005 with 21,000 miles on it. Lets just say it sits in my garage and looks pretty for 90% of the week.

20. Nick.944

Nick.944 Birth of a Detailer

Try telling that to my Corvette, Porsche and Mustang customers they are still stuck in time its rather annoying.

kilo WRB really looks awesome when properly cared for here is a WRX I did before winter (2 step correction) with 2 coats of 1z Glanz.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]