Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by gmblack3, Jan 11, 2008.

1. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

OK I waited long enough and finally ordered a Defelsko Positest DFT Combo from Phil. Phil really went the extra mile for me on this one. I wanted to get it by the middle of next week as I have a 1997 porsche 993 in guards red scheduled. Phil set it up so they would drop ship the PTG right to me. It will be here on wed.

Thanks again Phil!

[​IMG]

2. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Let us know how you like it. I really need to get a good paint gauge.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Congrats on the purchase gmblack3, your going to enjoy the DFT :applause: now we cant bug you about gaugin the paint :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: just teasing :peace:

But seroiusly, I'm sure you already know this but it's a good investment. Nothing beats knowing what your up against and feeling confortable and confident knowing that you got plenty of paint/clearcoat to play with :thumb:

Look forward to your next detail buddy :thumb:

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

congrats on the purchases, let us know what you think

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

one purchase I would love to make one day

6. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

That makes two of us.

7. richy

richy Guest

I've decided that I need one..now it's just a matter of selecting the best value for the $$. Any suggestions??

8. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

carlos is the man for that

9. richy

richy Guest

yeah, no kidding..what's he got, like 4 of them? Hey Carlos..dude..just sell me one of them, O.K.???:whistle:

10. Nica

Nica Banned

lol...only got two boys lol

To be honest guys, I personaly don't like guessing regardless of the price of the vehicle. I mean when I first started wet sanding it was fun I had a blast and all but after I wet sanded two or three vehicles I stoped doing it because I really had no clue how much clear/paint was on the vehicle and felt really unsercure not to mention scared to damage any vehicle. So the hunt fo the gauges started, I purchased the Pro Gauge II, good gage quite acurate for the price but it just didn't cut it for me.

I actually purchased another gauge, but I cant remember the name EGTIII or something like, I used it and it was giving me really wacky readings calibration was poor, took it to my friend to check it and he said there had to be somethin wrong with it becuase even when we tried calibrating it it wasen't working properly. Well that one was returned and got money back.

Then after talking with Rich at Polished Bliss UK he told me about the PosiTector's, gave me lots of feed back, examples, explained the features and I started reading on them and settled on them.

There is nothing wrong with the DFT, heck PosiTector makes teh DFT so that says something about the unit. I wanted accuracy, I wanted to make sure that what I invest into was well worth it and that it would last me a wile and also have a good warranty.

Well that's the reason why I went with both of these gauges, oh but the 6000 compared to the 200 are completely diferent systems hense the difference in price but accuracy is incredable. Anywho, I'd recomend the PosiTecor 6000 if you can afford it and if you can justify the expense, if not there is nothing wrong with the DFT heck I'll get one my self to add it to the collection.

11. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Congrats on the purchase Bryan. I can't wait to see what you think of it.