2012 Shelby GT350 Detail

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Auto Concierge, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Buff and Beyond

Buff and Beyond DB Pro Supporter

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

We need a tally of how many DB member have been adding -ness and -ige to the end of words, hilariousness!

Great work on the Shelby son

3. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Amazing work Bob, as always!

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Great work thanks for sharing. Being that I am a Mustang enthusiast I absolutely love the new GT350's they are sick and to see one corrected is even better!

5. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Incredible work Bob that thing now looks like a proper beast.

6. Jokeman

Jokeman Two Bucket System Washer

Nice work. What are you using for a Camera/Lens?

7. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Nice job Bob! Quick question, how did you apply your Glasur?

8. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

I was going to "Smart a**" a answer like "I used a Glasur wax applicator ...........what else?", anywho Joey I used those red 100PPI foam applicators as I know many are into the "Hand application method" (Side note when Jeff and did the McLaren a week and a half ago we used his Concorso Swissvax and he wanted to put it on with his warmsoft girlie hands...........I said "Me thinks not :hmph:").

So as you can see I am not in the hand application camp(Understatement of the year lol). The wax is a little grainy, but works very nicely and the Swissvax stuff does smell great without a doubt..........but the price point is uhmm well "Up there".

9. Auto Concierge

"Thought you never ask...." I purchased a "New to me" DSLR Nikon with the cheapness from "Bobby bowlingpin" aka "BBottle service" aka "Lewchee E-light "aka Jimmy Lucci right after SEMA, also Jeff and Dave Saunders have helped me as I am oldness with the "New fangled technology" and have learned a few insights on using the ISO and manuel focus options.

The camera is a Nikon D3000 with the standard DX 18-55mm zoom lens, want to get a wide angle lens so I can make the shop look Huge(Of course the downside is that cameras add weight to me ......as in person I am about 2% bodyfat..........:
    :whistle:

10. spyder

spyder Virgin Detailer

Thanks Bob for your posts. Inspiring and educational. Brought the rubber trim on my Boxster back to new today after seeing how you did it .
    :p:

11. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

thanks. I have done a few cars with this wax using the bare hands method but on the last one, it didn't go very well and caused problems with the paint. I was thinking about going with an applicator but wanted to get info on how it worked. I guess if you use that method it must work pretty well so I no longer need to search for an answer. Thanks :p

12. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

lol. I'm pretty sure this get's post of the year by none other than Bob Willis.

I cracked up several times on this one, nice job Bob! :thumb:

13. Jokeman

Jokeman Two Bucket System Washer

Nice, your pictures are good. Be careful, camera gear can become an expensive addiction!

14. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Damn bob what a job LoL. How did you manage to clean up some of those tight areas such as near the lettering?

What kind of tire cleaner and tire dressing are you using?

15. Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer Birth of a Detailer

wow, nice work....

16. Racer

Racer Birth of a Detailer

Now its brand new and it´s a surprise how cars came like that.

I laugh every time i see a National Geografic Megafactories paintshop tech talking about their finish is perfect... :)

17. Auto Concierge

I was "Trained in Las Vegas" @ the Ming paint correction studio.................. j/k smaller DA polisher and pads, used Solvent X to strip the tires and 303 for the dressing.