2011 Porsche GT3RS Film Install Prep & Correction

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Auto Concierge, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

As these cars are hitting the dealerships, some of my lucky clients are taking delivery of in my opinion one of the best cars in the world presently.

It is a shame that this car left Germany in beautiful condition...... only to be savaged by the port clowns damaging the car, as in the subsequent pics you will see the shipping plastic was still on the car so the local dealership was not guilty this time.

Car as it came in to the shop.

[​IMG]

The warning on this should read "Actung......finish hammered by untrained person(s).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will keep all this stuff intact until after Premier has installed the wrap.

[​IMG]

Broke out the Infratech to capture the assault on the finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear decklid..................incredible:gasp:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love this cluster of scratches......remember gents this car has 9 MILES on the odometer!!.

[​IMG]

Sanded and corrected.

[​IMG]

More damage.

[​IMG]

After.

[​IMG]

Right front wheel arch.

[​IMG]

After.

[​IMG]

Left front wheel arch.

[​IMG]

After.

[​IMG]

Carbon wing was dry & marred, 50/50 pic.

[​IMG]

After, ready for clear film protection.

[​IMG]

After the clear film is installed, I will finish the detail and correction, with a full write up to follow by next week.

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

all that damage and only 9 miles on the odometer . . . . what the !? It's piecing together rather well now that yous tarted correcting it. Looks great man!

3. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Bob,

When the owner saw the damage caused, what recourse does he have. It could be said that this constitutes pure neglect. Just curious. If that was my car, Id have someones ass, or atleast let Porsche know about it. Probably in the end falling on deaf ears, but at least I would have said something. Looking forward to all the pics.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You're right Bob, that is some messed up!

5. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

nice!!!!

6. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

nice!!!!

Before some people start questioning the Colour of the RS... No Porsche Does not Offer "Guards Red" on the RS only. 3 Colour are offered White, Black/Grey and Blue... However due to the Demand Porsche had opend its "Paint To Sample" Option for 12 Hours Window on a certain day in March or April it was. So basicailly Owner had 12 hours the Choose the Colour and Submit it. Those who did are the Few Lucky ones to have a Even More Very Special Car... One Of a Kind to Say... Got this info from my sales rep at Pfaff Porsche here in Toronto

7. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

You said it...One of the best sports cars on the market at the moment!

Looking forward to the rest of the write up Bob :thumb:

8. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

crimes against everything that is right in the automotive world!

thank god you're around to help these vehicles out.

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Nice work as always Bob :applause:

It's a shame a brand new car came to the owner that way :(

10. GDAL

GDAL Guest

probably the car was used as a demo during the "how to use your rotary" week at the factory.

Excellent work Bob ... big fan of your work!!

11. dfazekas

dfazekas Birth of a Detailer

It always amazes me when I see how bad new Porsches are when they come from the factory.

Great work on a fantastic car.

12. Auto Concierge

I would have to say Porsche does a pretty good job on the finish, on earlier 997.1 GT3's and Carrera's the rear decklids and bumpers had sand scratches not corrected out but over all the paint(on a new car of course) was pretty good.

There is a noticeable improvement in the gloss and orange peel texture on the 997.2 gen cars, which I noticed on Sharkwerks Green 997.2 Carrera "S" when they got it last year(miss that car btw , here it is)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would say Aston's have the most factory defects(but when corrected have awesome paint) with the "mario bros" coming in a close second(Ferrari) but of course people do not but Ferrari's for the "paint finish" LOL.

13. Auto Concierge

Thank you very much.

14. Wiki defines Swayze as a pic of that car. Awesome work so far Bob, look forward to the end results :chips:

15. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Very nice work on the RS!

The PDK is gone? You know me and that car had chemistry....

[​IMG]

:giggle:

So whens a .2 RS 3.9 build happening?

16. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

I love subtle wing on the back. It puts a bow on the package for sure.
    Joe D

17. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

what a mess I have some factory defects on some gt3 rs but this one is really bad.

18. dfazekas

dfazekas Birth of a Detailer

That's definitely a sweet porsche.

I worked at a porsche dealership for a while...
    It was a total hackshop, but I can't tell you how many
    gt2's, 3's, and cayenne s's I had to clay and polish.

As far as the actual quality of the paint, though, I agree.
    Its good paint. But it seemed like between the factory
    and the dealership something went terribly wrong.

19. Auto Concierge

Here is the car being wrapped, now that it has had that part completed, it is back in my hands for the completion of the job.

Customer brought the car over to Premier.

[​IMG]

The RS's are hitting the streets....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wilson doing his thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eric wrapping the wing.

[​IMG]

20. Auto Concierge

They are talking with a customer right now about it, it came in for sofware/exhaust/seats/carbon mirrors and may leave with a 3.9 as well ! btw the "Bing" and I will be going to "yoswirl" right after his plane lands.................. awwww man:shh: