2009 Black Mercedes CL63 AMG ~ by dsms...

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Apr 15, 2009.

1. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

As always great work.

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

NICE...Another beautiful detail...:worship2:

3. DanPonjican

DanPonjican Birth of a Detailer

Great job Dave! Love those cars.

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Yes the owner has 2 other vehicles, 1 being that 550hp 996 turbo in the video I posted earlier and the other is a 700whp RX7 which is used mostly on the track but he tells me if he turns the boost way down its a pretty docile street car:devil:

Anyways thanks Piet (now I appreciate pre-ceramiclear Mercedes paint even more after this one:giggle:)

I would but I dont know how to use photoshop:shrug: I just use the blur tool in photobucket to black out the license plates:headbang:

I really forgot about the good old Makita, its such a great machine, so smooth and it doesnt heat up like the flex. I think I will use the makita for hoods and trunks and save the flex for side panels and small areas in the future.

Im not paying anyone to take the pics, I just use a tripod and setup the camera on a timer so I can get the "in action" shots for ya, I like adding those in because they spice up the write up a bit more.

5. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Dsms, do you find Rejex a lot more durable than Duragloss 105? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the plunge.

6. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

holy sh1t .. nice fcukin detail .. forgive my language .. but damn that turned out freakin great

7. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

thats some great work

8. ///M LifeStyle

///M LifeStyle Birth of a Detailer

9. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I have not used DG 105 so I cannot comment but IMHO Rejex is a very very durable wheel sealant as it seems all the brake dust I cook up gets easily taken off with a quick pressure wash followed by a light scrub. On my own car Rejex works great and thats all I use for my wheels.

Now here is my take on wheel sealing in general (in reference to a detail business):

- I only seal wheels on higher end jobs because its extra time and extra product so on a simple wash and wax its just not necessary and those type of customers wouldnt really appreciate a small detail such as that

- When it comes to durability I really dont think it matters enough to go and buy a new bottle of Rejex for customer cars if your using something like DG105 already and heres why: Because Customers Most Likely Dont Care!! Do you honestly think a loyal customer will come back to you after a detail and say "My wheels stopped beading after 2months instead of 3, whats the deal"

10. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Very true. I don't have customers so it's basically for me. Perhaps we can trade a sample of each some time. Duragloss is cheaper so we'll work something out. I feel like after a higher pressure wash with 105 everything is pretty damn clean.

11. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Wow that looks awesome, great job. One of my favorite cars too.

12. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Im lovin this detail!

13. bentley147

bentley147 Jedi Nuba

thats a fly car to detail ..u got the black correction looking crazy there goooood work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause2: