2007 KenWorth Pumper, Firetruck (yellow)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Here is another special project. I think that the more special projects I do the less the “special” part becomes. Well the vehicle is a

2007 KenWorth Pumper, Firetruck

This vehicle is brand new, but was driven to Canada from the US so it did not look new, but that’s where I come in. This is now the second fire truck I do so the first one was some what of a paint but this one was quite simple. Well the process was as follows:

Started off with the rims, tires and wheel wells and here is what I was up against
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tools utilized for the rims

[​IMG]

Sprayed P21S Total Auto Wash on wheel wells and scrubbed with long brush

[​IMG]

Then sprayed P21S Gel to rims

[​IMG]

Agitated with my Swissol brush

[​IMG]

Rinsed off with Deionized water

[​IMG]

I followed the same process for all the tires on this vehicle.

Here are pictures of the back tires

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wheel wells after a good scrub

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for some before and after:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Once the rims, tires and wheel wells were done moved on to the rest of the vehicle. As previously mentioned the vehicle was driven back from the US so it had lots of goodies for me. I rinsed the entire vehicle with Deionized water, once it was completely wet I sprayed the entire vehicle with PoorBoys Bug Squash, then with the two bucket methord, instead of soap I used PoorBoys Bug Squash and went to work with both my white and black ShMITT. Rinsed with Deionized water section by section, when I had made my way around the entire vehicle I rinsed it again with Deionized water.

Some before and after:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Now for some random pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunetly I couldn’t even put wax on this vehicle because it still needed some work to be done to it. But to satisfy my curiosity I wanted to see the shape of the paint on the vehicle. So I got my 3M Sun Gun out and I was shocked:

[​IMG]
    Not a single swirl, not bad. The reason for this though is because the vehicle was originaly red colour and was re-painted when it arrived to Canada. Now I'm not sure who did the re-paint but for being re-painted they did a great job. NOt a single swirl, impresive.

So this was a simple wash (sure doesn’t look like with the amount of pictures I took hahahaha), but I had lots of fun with it.

As always feed back is always welcome.

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I remember this one...I don't even see yellow firetrucks ever haha. That was a nice wash right there. I bet you did have fun. What name did I think of for you, oh yeah I think Fire Truck King or something hahah.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

lol...yea this one I had lots of fun with hahahaha. The yellow seemed like an experiment the city was doing hahaha but they have now gone back to the traditional red colour.

lol...Fire Truck King hahahaha good one...I'll do my best to live up to the title lol

Thank you for the compliment my friend.

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Haha, hmm if they stick with the yellow color they should put Spongebob as their logo :p.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

lol...yea Spongebob fire truck hahaha never thought of that one hahaha good one.

My little girl and I get a kick out of Spongebob hahaha.

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Haha Spongebob is a cool cartoon...yeah, just imagine a firetruck behind you with spongebob painted on the grill :p