2004 Maserati (WARNING: Lots of pictures!!)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Jun 25, 2009.

1. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice work !!!!

whats the t-handle shaped knob in the center console for?

2. 75SAM

75SAM Virgin Detailer

Outstanding job!! I love it!

3. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Awesome correction and a final finish, BTW your garage looks like a ferrari showroom with the epoxy flooring!

4. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

crazy depth in the paint

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you all for the kind words, very much appreciated. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the lengthy write up and the amount of pictures...as you can see by the amount of pictures I enjoyed detailing this vehicle very, very much :woo:

Having said that I can't go through every single post because it's already at 3 pages long...but I'll answer the following questions :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed, the bottle beside the PosiTector 200 is liquid to be used with the paint gauge, you see the PosiTector 200 is like an ultrasound so you need some sort of liquid for it to work, it's has the feel of a silicone liquid it's quite thick. Any who, this liquid came with the gauge and it's all I use to take accurate paint gauge readings.

Thank you super, glad you enjoyed it :peace: As for the floor, yes it's pressure washer safe, no water gets under neath it, it all stays on the surface :thumb: I finished the floor about two weeks a go, took a total of 7 days for it to cure properly but it was worth it :thumb:

Rotary is easy, there really is nothing to it. Yes, at first it can be a bit scary but stick with it and it's no different then the PC, you just have to be very cautious with it and pay close attention when using it. Just remember we were all noobs to detailing at one point :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed it, as for choosing a wax. To be honest it was quite simple, well this is how I chose. I thought about Swissvax Divine or Crystal Rock more Divine because one pot was made for Ferrari paint. But I decided to go with Vintage because Vintage does an incredible job on solid colored vehicles. When I was done with the Field Glaze wipe down the paint was oozing with Carnauba glow that I love so much, the color was very deep, wet and so much depth to it :druling: Any who Divine and Crystal Rock do a better job on vehicles with lots of flakes...besides the owner of the vehicle is familiar with Zymol and when I showed him my pot of Vintage his eyes lit up :thumb:

No sealant on this vehicle because owner and I were going for glow/looks not long length durability, besides vehicles spends most of it's time in the garage and does not come out in the winter so easy decision to make.

That t-handle, from what I was explained by the owner is to put the vehicle in reverse...it may have other functions but that's the one the owner informed me off and I did not dare fool around with this vehicle...I'll fool around with these little handles when I get my own Ferrari ;)

Thank you for the kind compliments, very much appreciated and I'm glad you noticed the difference and thank you for the opportunity, like I said I enjoyed every minute of the three days. I look forward on maintaining the vehicle :mounty:

6. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

AMAZING work Carlos! I keep seeing that steamer... ...And day dreaming about it :p

7. TravisJ

TravisJ Virgin Detailer

As Carlos mentioned, the t-handle is a reverse selector. The car has an F1 transmission. Forward gears and neutral are changed via the paddles.

8. Tim_G

Tim_G Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Absolutely stunning work Carlos. Thanks for the share.

9. Andrsn

Andrsn Virgin Detailer

Great job Carlos and while looking at the pictures I started too notice something with the car, there are about 200 give or take maserati emblems on that car. Guess they like people too know what kind of car it is

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you enjoyed it, as for the emblems I personally love the emblems, I'm sure you can tell as I took so many pictures of the emblems :thumb:

11. Denalio

Denalio Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Great job. Awesome polishing. How long did you leave the rims to dwell? Love those Vredesteins. I have the same ones on my vehicle as well.:applause2:

12. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Beautiful work Carlos. The car looks great.:applause2:

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you enjoyed it, to answer your question I'm assuming you meant how long I left Red P21S to dwell on the rims? If that is the question I left it for aproximently 5min or so...that's just a guess though it could be longer as I had a few people come over to chat with me wile I washed the vehicle.

Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the feed back :peace:

14. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Beautiful job Carlos! :thumb:

15. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Great job Carlos.

16. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

Looks great Carlos!. Hey I need to pick your brain. Let me know whens a good time to ring.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you doc, glad you enjoyed it :peace:

Thank you Rocket, very much appreciated :chest:

Ring a way, I've got a few meetings coming up but feel free to give me a call when ever you'd like. I enjoy chatting about detailing or cars or anything to do with either one :woo:

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Fabulous work there Carlos!

19. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Denzil, glad you enjoyed it.

On a side note, the owner of this vehicle and I just went to visit Bentley/Aston Martin's dealership here in Calgary and I couldn't help but admire the gorgeous swirls on some of the vehicles in their show room :cheerl: Oh we were shown the new Bentley GT that's coming out, what a sexy machine and incredible performance too :druling: :druling:

20. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

Carlos.....what was your process on the engine bay? I have a convertible I am picking up today to spend the week with. Awesome job on this one and glad to know the pointer about the interior.