2004 Impreza WRX sti

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, May 5, 2008.

1. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Nice job Nica that blue is just stunning. I hope the owner appreciated it as much as we do!

2. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Looks very nice, I love that blue.
    When you have to clean the wheel wells by hand what do you use to scrub them down?

3. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice Carlos! Love how the blue looks :D

4. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Outstanding work Carlos....Love that blue....

5. kogenx

kogenx Birth of a Detailer

Love the way the blue looks with the Divine !
    Nice:worship2:

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you LanceM, the only thing is that I love applying it nice and thick and this thin stuff kills me...but maybe it's a good thing as these pots are not refilable...well at least I don't think they are :confused:

:nod: I agree, Divine with this wicked blue colour looked incredably well...couldn't help but admire the vehicle :druling: :druling:

Thank you Phil :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed it DLR, yea I'm not sure how I confused the model on this vehicle :sorry: no worries on the teasing it's all good :hug:

Yea, blue is a wicked colour...just love it...ooh when I get my other "special wax" I'll be sure to apply a coat of it as well :whistle: :whistle:

Thank you Wolf, oh yes owner was very pleased with it. He noticed the difference too :gidiup: :gidiup:

Gald you liked it :thumb: as for cleaning the wheel wells by hand I either use the black ShMITT or an old Zymol sponge, but it has to be a really old Zymol sponge as it will most likely not survive the wheel wells...for the most part the black ShMITT works really good but some wheel wells are a pain to get in.

Gald you enjoyed it pirex...see why I love blue, just looks wicked :druling:...next Audi you get pirex it should be blue :whistle: :whistle:

Thank you Sparkmyster, glad you enjoyed it buddy :chest:

Gald you enjoyed it kogenx, thank you for the feed back.

7. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Great job! Thanks for sharing!!!

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Very nice, Nica! Blue color is so teasing!

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Tonya for the compliment, very much appreciated little lady :flowers:

Thank you super :thumb: yea I love blue :druling: :druling:

10. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

damn where was I? SUBBIE POWER..... love the blue on that STI and you did a wonderful job on the car and love those pics and different angles man... you learn fast with your camera skills!!! i can say that it was a big difference....

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I can totally understand why guys/girls like these Subbies, very nice...never really took an interest on them but this STI has some wicked curves :druling:

As for the pictures, Ryan (owner of the vehicle) took majority of them and he has the exact same camera as I (XTi Rebel) he brought his camera but forgot the memory stick so he used mine and man dude had mad skills when it comes to taking pictures, he uses all manual mode and I picked up a few tricks from him, he definetly knows about the angles...hopefully I'll be hanging out with him and he will be teaching me abit more about taking pictures and settings and so on. I took the last 5 to 7 pictures but like I said Ryan took majority of them.

12. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

was divine hard to remove after 30 min? seems like a long time

13. Nica

Nica Banned

No, not at all. It was really, really easy to remove. No effort what's so ever :thumb:

Mind you though, it was applied really thin. Next time I use Divine I'm going to try to use it by hand if that dosen't work then I'll use the hair drier to heat up the German applicator. I just don't like the thin application.

14. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

im guessing divine is like cement due to the high content.

Is it that much harder than concorso?

What is the problem you are having?

15. Nica

Nica Banned

I havent man handled Concorso, but Divine is hard as a rock, I'm sure if I pick at it with my nail I'll get some out that way but I'm not going to do that right now.

Problem, lol..no problem really..it's just that I like to slap on lots of wax on my vehicles lol...I know it waists some but that's just my preference that's all...so the thin applications is killing me....but I think I just need to heat up the German applicator to get more wax out of the tub. So really not a problem, just pesonal preference that's all.

16. Shuskan3

Shuskan3 Birth of a Detailer

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Looks stunning in the afters... Great work!

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Shuskan3, glad you enjoyed it :thumb:

18. Jed Bouscal

Jed Bouscal Virgin Detailer

Thank you!

I would have been upset had anyone else detailed that STi after we detailed it two months ago. It's a pretty special car to me. Thanks for taking good care of it.

How does the Swissvax Divine compare to Zymol Vintage?

Here's a couple more pics of the car (I see the wheels have changed!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Nica

Nica Banned

Hi Jed :hi: and welcome to Detailing Bliss, it's good to see you here.

You asked about Swissvax Divine compared to Zymol Vintage well I've been using Vintage for quite a bit now and Ryans vehicle was the second car I used Divine on. My impresion of Divine is that it seems to have an edge on Zymol but I'm skeptical of it's durability.

The reason I say that is becuase I'm used to applying Vintage by hand and I'm now confortable applying Vintage nice and thin by hand, well not as thin as a German Applicator but still thin enough. Any who, the first time I applied Divine I think I may have gone too thin because it didn't last on the Volvo:

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f75/finally-got-use-divine-2966.html

It lookes great but I'm still playing around with Divine's application methods and trying to figuire out something that works for me.

I did see Ryans car when it was raining last week and it was beading really good, something that my Volvo didn't do. I did apply a bit more on Ryans car though so that's why I think it was my application method that wasent right.

20. Jed Bouscal

Jed Bouscal Virgin Detailer

Thanks Carlos you've built quite a forum - everything looks great.

What thickness of wax actually remains after a single application? Have you tried using your coating thickness gauge? I'd be curious to know if you can measure a difference. I would think that if you could tell a difference in thickness/durability by your application method, that a relatively thick layer would have to bond to the paint.

Any thoughts?