2004 Ford Explorer

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I am at work and cannot even begin to give this thread a proper comment....

EDIT: I'm back...

Superb job on that one! That was a great turn around on the interior! :worship:

I bet you got a huge smile:applause2: when you saw it wasn't a crusty carpet with living organisms in it!

The mats were a total save, most owners would have thrown their mats out if they were like that…..What did you do on the mats?

I am sure the owner was very pleased, I hope you were compensated accordingly!

Cant wait till the thaw to use all my megs brushes I just got…..:woot:

Do you have 501?? It has GREAT CLEANING properties and a pretty decent shine all on it’s own…Now if you were to use that to clean your paint then 105 would lay S0000000 Nice on that!!!

501, white LC CCS pad speed 3-4 (PC)… is what I’ve used. 1st time I did this method was at the advice of one of the DG gurus Al-53:meditation:…… I was very pleased with the results!!

Hope you have a couple of the white pads because some good contamination will be coming off the paint and this is after a Menzerna polishing!

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Very nice Nica. Keep up the great work.

3. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Wow wow and wow, your work always amazes me. Congratulations Carlos !!

4. Nica

Nica Banned

It will be here waiting for you :thumb:

Thank you Ashpalt Rocket for the feed back, very much appreciated.

maesal, thank my friend for the compliment means a lot to me :cheers: Good to see you you keep an eye on the forum :thumb:

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

See my previous post:cool2:

6. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

You give Mark a run for his money!!! Excellent write up.

Fantastic work as well.

Q1 - How much did the person pay for this?

Q2 - Can you afford a $20 try pod? That will take care of the blurry pictures.

7. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

If I had to clean the interior of that and it had carpet, I would stare at it blankly and wish it would magically become clean lol. 2nd option would be this: :thud:

8. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

All I can say is WOW! :applause: Fantastic turn around! :worship:

Everyone else already beat me to all the compliments. :rollinglaugh:

Keep up the great work!

DLR Detailing

9. Nica

Nica Banned

501, got it I'll add that one to my list thank you. As for pads I got lots of pads ;) Thank you for the compliment buddy, glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the feed back :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed the write up, means a lot to me but in all fairness I got the idea from Mark. As to how much I got paid...um...haven't invoiced them just yet but I'm expecting about $400 for this one.

Try pod is on my list but I'd like to upgrade my camera as well ;) thing is I need to learn how to use both :wall:

Thanks for the feed back :thumb:

lol...yea you and me both bro

Thank you for the compliment DLR means a lot to me...besides I'm just trying to keep up with the Pro's :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed it.

10. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

What camera do you have?

To get rid of the blurriness you will need a tri pod.

Do you take these pictures in AUTO or manual mode?

11. Nica

Nica Banned

I currently use a Sony Cyber-Shot, so far it's done okay and I usually use it in Auto, I've been experimenting with manual mode but it's un-predictable at the moment, sometimes I get good quality sometimes I get really bad quality..more of a user error then camera but that's my guess :confused:

Still doing some reading on which camera to get and I'm going to take my time on choosing a camera so tips are always welcome

12. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

You should learn to use the camera firrst. And at a minimum you want to use AV setting when taking pictures of your work. Manual is best for quality pictures. In manual mode you will need a tri pod for sure. My wife's Canon S3 has the Optical Image Stabilizer but it is disabled in manual mode.
    Get a cheap tri pod and use manual mode and you will love your camera again.

Which model number?

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Thanks for the tip, model is DSC-W100, so far I'm pleased with it but I want better quality pictuers and I need to learn lots first then I'll go ahead and purchase.

14. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

I just looked at it on cnet.com - you have a pretty decent camera. Stop using the auto mode and get a tri pod. Your pictures will be day and night.
    Do you need $20?? :D

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, the camera is a reasonable camera just need to learn how to use it...I'll go pick up a trypod...lol...$20 really..that's cheap.

Thanks for the tip :thumb:

16. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

For the interior shots you can use auto and use the flash. That way the pictures will always come out very good.

Any tri pod is better than shaky hands. The pictures will also come out sharper.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I noticed the flash helped out lots, the area where I finished the detail is big and the ceiling is at least 30ft high :confused: anywho the lighting is really poor. I got another firetruck to detail tomorrow and another vehicle for the weekend :thumb: I'll use your tips and see if I can get a tripod by tomorrow...oh by the way any tripod you recomend? It dosen't have to be a cheap one but somethign reasonable would do just fine :cheers:

18. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Just get a cheap one. haha I like how bad my pics are! They are worse than yours by a wide margin. A few of my friends are really into cameras so I might get them to hook me up..but the camera they all told me to get was really expensive for its specs. I think it was called the M8.