2003 Nissan Maxima GLE (Heavy pictures)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I'm not a big fan of spiders but seeing all that white stuff made me take a step back...I just remember what the discovery channel said about there bing over 100 engs in these sack things that the motherd protect with all that web bbbrrrr...never fond the spider but lets just say I was trying to work as fast as I could hahahaha.

Glad you enjoyed the detail Klumzy, like I've been telling you buddy. The rotary is not a bid deal, it's easy just take baby steps..you got some experiance with the DA which is great, the rotary is the same with exept you just move it a bit faster and don't leave it on the spot for too long that's all..practice makes perfect. Glad you found the videos a bit help full if you ever want a video of some thing feel free to ask :thumb: I'll do my best...oh and hopefully soon my pictures and videos will get better...I'll be purchasing better equipment but not sure when.

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

PICTURES :D Yeah, your back :D

Love the detail Carlos, and the videos was great, nice touch! The interior was nasty, with spider eggs an all. But looks great after some man handling from you! haha. Always love how the letter looks after, brand new and not shiny.

The paint looks good to, silvers i always hard to get good pictures off, easier with darker colors. But it looks good, after the 105 is was glowing. Got to like DG ;)

Very nice work my friend ;)

3. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Sure thing I'll bug u whenever I would need some videos :D. That is just nasty...I would freak out seeing an egg sack :what: and wear like 10 layers of gloves

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh man pirex I've been looking forward to these vehicles :beerbang: pictures are a little better but there is always room for improvement and yes light colour vehicles are a paint to get good quality pictures. I love man handeling the vehicles buddy, just to let the vehicle know that I'll be gentle with it :chest:

The spider sack thing was a bit different for me lol. Oh the leather man the leather looked great after, owner sure noticed that :thumb:

Thank you for the feed back pirex, very much appreciated :cheers:

lol...yea I was looking for some heavy duty gloves around the shop..what a wip I am huh hahahahaha.

As for the videos bug a way klumz :thumb:

5. Takumi587

Takumi587 Birth of a Detailer

Man I just love how you show the step by step process. Always amazing work too.

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Great job, Nica! That was one nasty Maxima...interior was so dirty... Looks great, bro. Looks like you are liking Duragloss #105. I love that sealant myself, works so well in harsh winters.

7. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Just some observations: The pedals should have been cleaned properly and around the parking brake your air compressor should have been used to get everything out.

Other than that the detail is fantastic and I love that you use the same write up style as Marc. Very informative.

I LOVE IT!

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you enjoyed it, thank you for the feed back :thumb:

:nod: Duragloss is a different type of sealent compared to what I'm used to using, it's quite nice oh and it's durability is what lead me to use it. I'll have to do the hood of my beater (Jeep) to see the durability...not that I don't trust the guys that have shared there findings just really curious that's all :headbang:

Yea the pedals needed a little extra scrub...I thought I had them good but the pictures show that they needed more elbow grease..darn. Your right about the aircompresor though, I should start using it more in the interior...so far I've been using it for the vents but I like your tip about using the air compressor to remove all the fine debri that gets in those hard to reach areas, thanks for the tip :thumb: I'll remember it for the next one.

Yes I have to give credit to Marc and other wicked UK detailers that use this method of a write up, I think it's very effective and to new detailers it can be very informative...heck I learn something every time I read one of Marcs detail or Clark or any other detailer...love write ups :wicked:

Thanks for the feed back tdekany :thumb:

9. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

You are welcome!

Do you have a steamer? If you don't, you need one. You can do your interior in half the time and do a better job to top it off.

Did you get a tri pod yet?

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I got a small steamer but it's really crapy, I need to get a better one...what do you recomend? I got the Mytee coming my way for the carpet and with a steamer I'd be set...steamer on leather is wicked I've used it once or twice and it works incredably well...it leaves the leather so good, good that I know Kevin Farrel says he sometimes dosen't dress the leather becuase the steamer does such a good job.

How do you use the steamer?

Yes, sir I got a tri pod, I used it on a few pictures I just need to get my self more familiar with the tri pod :thumb:

11. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Good job Nica, very informative post. I use alot of the same stuff as you, its cool to see your techniques. I like your leather treatment with the lexol cleaner/conditioner, I will be trying it soon...

good work, and thanks for taking the time to do the pics and write up :chest:

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. :nod: I'm liking the Lexol product, leaves the leather feeling really good and it totally bring it back to life :thumb: Let me us know what your thoughts are on it....I'd love to hear your opinion on it.

Thank you for the feed back :peace: