2003 Dodge RAM 1500

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

This is yet another referral from the previous work I did on the 2003 Tiburon. This vehicle was in okay conditions, the owner was more interested on the interior and well that’s where I focused majority of my attention, the exterior needed some work and even though the customer only wanted me to do some work in the exterior I went and did a little extra but this vehicle required wet sanding and I had to pass on the wet sanding on this one as customer did not want to pay for the wet sanding. To conclude, I had fun detailing this vehicle and I was satisfied with the results.

2003 Dodge RAM 1500

Exterior Process

Wash:
    I used Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo with two bucket method and the white ShMITT.

Clay:
    The vehicle was in rough shape so I used Red Clay Magic, the vehicle had some war wounds and lots of tree sap so I went with Red Clay Magic.

Polish

Optimum Hyper Compound – Metabo – Meguiars Cutting Wool pad – 1500rpm
    Menzerna 106FF – Metabo – Menzerna White Pad – 1500rpm
    Menzerna Final Polish II – Metabo – Menzerna Orange Pad – 1500rpm

Glaze:
    Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze – applied by hand and removed my hand.

Wax:
    1 – coat of Meguiars #16

Tire dressing/wheel wells:
    For the tires and the wheel wells I used Meguiars Hot shine Tire Spray.

Exterior plastic peaces/trim:
    I used Mothers Back to Black.

Glass:
    Stoners with glass Cobra MF

Engine bay:
    Used a degreaser found locally 1:1 and dressed with Meguiars Hot shine Tire Spray.

Interior Process:

Vinyl and rubber:
    I used Meguiars #40, but prior to it I gave the entire vehicle a nice wipe down with Meg’s APC mixed with water 1:1.

Carpet:
    Meguirs APC used it on the carpet and seats as well 10:1 ratio again. I scrubbed with a brush then extracted it with my shop-vac. I did this for the entire vehicle because it needed it.

Observations:
    I found that Optimum Hyper Compound with Meguiars cutting wool pad didn’t have the affect I saw using the Menzerna Power Gloss Compound. When I used Meguiars cutting wool pad and Menzerna Power Gloss Compound it removed lots of swirls. Not sure if it had to do with the clear coat but then again if I would have done the exterior of this truck properly I would have wet sanded and I did not wet sand…the point is I’ll need to give this Combo (Meguiars cutting wool pad with Optimum Hyper Compound) a fair comparison. Not sure if anyone has had anything like this and I just thought I’d share that’s all. Oh one bonus on the Optimum is that no dusting what’s so ever, compared to Menzerna lots of dusting and Optimum didn’t gum up the wool pad as fast as Menzerna.

Now for pictures:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    This one is inside the garage
    [​IMG]
    This one is outside
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Now for some reflection shots in side the garage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now for some outside shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always feed back (good or bad) is always welcome.