2 new headphones

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by richy, Feb 25, 2013.

1. richy

richy Guest

We're going down to Florida in about a week and I wanted some better quality headphones to wear in the car while driving. I read a ton of reviews and ended up getting one pair of ear buds and one set of semi-open portable headphones. Both have blown me away!

The ear buds are Klipsch S4iII. Comes with 3 different sized ear buds to ensure a comfortable fit plus they are oval shaped which actually makes them fit better too. $50 with the iPhone remote; less without it. The sound is stellar. Fantastic bass for ear buds.

The headphones are Koss Porta Pros. These are only $35-40 range on Amazon. They have a lifetime, no questions asked warranty! The sound must be heard to be believed! I'm in love with them! The bass kicks your ass. Very well rounded sound IMO. I run both through a small amp to really make them shine although that is not mandatory by any means.

I just wanted to spread the word about these amazing phones!

2. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

nice to know. thank you for sharing your findings, Richy.

have fun in Flo-Rida. :)

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

To wear while your driving Richy?

4. richy

richy Guest

yes. The Koss are nice b/c you can still hear emergency vehicles or whatever. If I'm driving a long time, I need Godsmack or something heavy. Nobody else wants to hear that, lol.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

My dad has the older Klipsch ones and you're right, they are fantastic.

6. tdekany

tdekany Wax on..Wax off

Glad you found something you like. If you up your budget just a bit, look into GRADO headphones. Just a fyi.

PS: driving with headphones is illegal as far as I know.

7. pmakhija

pmakhija Any Rag Vehicle Washer

What he said! Driving with headphones is illegal in NY state as well!

8. richy

richy Guest

The reviews had mentioned the GRADO's too. Which model do you recommend? Now i wish I'd waited and got the Porta Pro's with the Apple remote. Right now they are expensive, but I read their price is coming down.

Yes, I know it's not the safest thing to do, but at night, I don't want to wake the kids and it really helps. I won't be going through NY anyway, but thanks for the warning. Ironically, the ear buds are less visible to other drivers, but they seal out so much external noise vs the Koss PP's, so the irony is the safer one is more likely to be detected, LOL.