1z Einszett Cockpit Premium

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by mharper, Nov 24, 2011.

1. nymisano

nymisano Virgin Detailer

Your images are similar to a BMW I just completed. The car had a "professionally" applied interior dressing several years ago which sealed in dirt/grease as well as suntan lotion residue. When I used the Einzett Cockpit with a MF, it removed the dressing and cleaned only the surface but left the lower/indented areas of the surface white/dirty looking initially as yours looks. I needed to agitate the 1Z Cockpit briskly with a toothbrush then wipe clean with a MF to remove the contaminants from the "grain" of the plastic to get the OE matte look. The dressing seemed to do more damage then good as it dried out the plastic prematurely.
    http://forums.quattroworld.com/detail/msgs/9550.phtml

Attached Files:

2. Michael @ einszett

Michael @ einszett DB Certified Manufacturer

Thanks for sharing.

Don't know why I didn't suggest this before but Plastic Deep Cleaner is geared towards removing heavy grime and even light tar. So it's strong detergents should be able to remove the acrylic. However, make sure that the surface is cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight before applying. Plus, it's always a good idea to test in a spot first, see the results and then proceed with treating the rest of the area to be treated.