1st customer, 1st refusal

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Frankastic, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

well good news is I hired one of my girl friends, she said shes up for my job offer. and she will also tell her friends. in the mean time, I trying to make my Logo T shirts for them to wear, menu for the towel packages im selling.

so no need to bother with low ballers. jus because im a starter, doesn't mean I won't work hard to get you that finish.

2. Frankastic

more $75 detailing for you

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xl8Czv1fAzA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xl8Czv1fAzA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oNvteAoZf68&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oNvteAoZf68&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This is why I hate NJ, I can't fill my own gas and look what happen to a customer's car

[​IMG]

RS4 came in to install some BBS wheels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

R8

[​IMG]

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

WTF!! I cried like I did watching the Titanic viewing your videos! That was so sad!

4. olbear1962

olbear1962 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Those videos are horrible, good for a real detailer's talents to rectify....'bout all you say that is positive. Those poor customers.

5. Dear God man, get that polisher out of that guys hands. I was waiting for it to catch the windshield wiper :help:

What do you mean about pumping gas. Is it not allowed by the owner of the vehicle...Thats crazy talk :cig:

Thanks for sharing Billyblooshoes. I could sit and watch stuff like this all night long :chips:

I thank I will go see if The Junkmans video gallery has anything new :giggle:

6. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

Pretty sure in N.J. that is the law about them pumping your gas.

7. Frankastic

yep this happens everyday, I see nasty stuff on customer's cars and I can't do anything about it. im the only mechanic in my shop who have MFs in my toolbox.

8. jbate

jbate Virgin Detailer

Realizing you want to get a portfolio going, if you take work that may turn into a repeat customer that lowballs you from the very beginning, you will never get more for your services from said customer after that. I am sure that you made the right call. You should be too.

Jamie

9. Frankastic

I told my manager that all these trim pieces needs to be replaced, cause some pig unloaded these new cars to us this way. but no we got paid to detail it. and he missed the oil stain and mess up the headliner.

B pillar

[​IMG]

seats, lucky the seat covers saved the leather

[​IMG]

another B pillar

[​IMG]

this is the oil stain and headliner car, the customer came right back after delivery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Frankastic

I really wanna thank all of you for your support, im looking forward to read and learn a lot from you guys. like I said I only detail mine and 2 friends cars, so im no expert, but I learn a lot from all of you in the forum. im a big fan of DSMS, DD, apollo, clark, vrmax, paul and much more

11. MRSHINE

MRSHINE Any Rag Vehicle Washer

this dude has money don't let him talk you down.(walk away)

12. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

nice. LED headlights.

13. Frankastic

Jus update for those who care, I finally detail a vehicle, its a Lincoln aviator SUV , its took me 5hrs. wash/wax and steam interior. I quoted $85, but the wife and husband was so happy, they give me $120, and they recommend someone to me this weekend. so if any newbie is reading this, don't take low ball offers, get paid for what you're worth. BTW im new myself

[​IMG]
    thanks phil for the Grit Guard buckets, I love them

[​IMG]

14. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Congrats on the 1st gig!!

I haven't been that fortunate ... people around here are really cheap when it comes to detailing. I have had people ask me how much I charge for a detail and whenever I give them a quick quote on the spot they mention that "there are guys at craigslist that will detail it for $75 bucks". I proceed to show them my car and they are amazed that is spotless for a 12 year old vehicle, but that's about it. I'm giving up on doing this on the side around this area.

15. Frankastic

have you thought of being mobile, DC area is pretty well off, and Im planning to move there very soon. Potomac, Fairfax, Rockville, Bethesda, sliver springs, and Alexandria. I think you got a idea of what im talking about.

16. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I'm not mobile and I can't become mobile. I love detailing and I don't mind doing it to get some extra money, but I'm not hurting for gig either. I'm somewhat away from the areas that you mentioned, but I know there's a decent market north of fburg. There are really good detailers around the area and also a lot of hackers ... nothing in between, which is what I consider myself. Still learning about detailing, but I'm work is decent enough that can't be considered hack work ... LOL (I'm gonna eat ice cream now ... my self-esteem is really low right now ... LOL)

17. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Nice work. I think you are working a bit cheap though. (17/hr) more or less. But it's a start.

18. Frankastic

same boat here bro, but I have a large group of friends that is supporting me with this, they all chip in on my detailing stuff and in return I detail their rides. good things happens to those who wait, so thats what happen to me, I refuse to do my 1st customer ride, waited a month, and bang!! its moving along. so keep your head up in this economy, find someone to pay what you love to do, in the end you're happy and the customer is happy. thats what quality detailing comes into place. Im will not do my level of detail for the prices of the hackers.

19. Frankastic

his my co-worker =)

20. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Good for you on getting the job done. I find that even though my prices are somewhat low compared to my competition, I often make up for the difference with tips because people are so happy with the results. That is what hard work and lots of diligence reward you with!