1st customer, 1st refusal

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Frankastic, Apr 8, 2010.

1. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

THat is hilarious to see other detailers come to you to detail their own vehicles. That goes to show you that they really don't have a clue and the sad thing is if they can't take care of their own how are they running a business caring for other peoples automobiles?

I have gotten that look before . . . . . . kind of makes you feel like maybe they didn't comprehend the fact that you said $400 LoL. People just are not educated as far as what a quality detail entails. That's pretty much the bottom line.

Depending on how bad the car is i would say that isn't a bad starting point for a 1-2 step process on vehicles that are certainly not black LoL but just for the exterior with no interior work.

Where do you work that has all those sick Audi's?

Also where are you getting your microfibers from in bulk? PM me

hahahaha that's hilarious. Couldn't have said it better.

2. Uhhhhh, I'm glad you didn't take up accounting as a part time gig :gasp:

FYI most all cell phones have a built in calculator :giggle:

3. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

hahahahhaha ooooops, long day sorry

4. Frankastic

vtec92civic,

sorry its against our company policy to tell people where I work, so any pictures I take, must not have their logo on it. I don't wanna get caught. and so is stealing from the company, sometimes customers come ask me, how do you take this off my paint, and I simply tell them that our detailer can do that for you. and knowing him, he sprays brake clean on it and wipe it off. lol

5. Frankastic

I do sometimes try to tell people about DSMS or DD, they never bother to write it down, surely enough they'll neva call those guys.

6. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I have turned down 3 cars so far ... same stupid line "I can get it done for 75 bucks".

My business card is my black car (which still looks decent from last year). I'm even stupid enough to bring my paint gauge and verify the thickness of their paint for free. I'm new at this, so I just offering AIO's and 1-steps to gain experience. I think I won't be doing any cars this year.

The market around here is full of hackers.

7. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Wow man that sucks. That's almost like you sending someone who you know is going to damage their paint. That's not cool if you ask me. Better to say sorry i'm not sure or something like that. Brake cleaner is not good for paint.

Some folks just never listen LoL

I hear that man. i get those people too. Bad part is i do free consultations aka Estimates and when i get people like that it sometimes upsets me because sometimes we drive a ways away since stuff here is sprawled out then to get there and have them say i'll think about it or i can get it done for $75.

The thing that appeals to people or most people here is shiny tires and clean paint. You could almost schlep a rag around the paint with a bucket of water, dry it and blast it with tire dressing and people would be happy.

My market is full of hacks that are just killing things and driving it into the ground by low balling each other and just driving prices down with their crappy work.

8. Frankastic

I know brake clean is not good, but what can I say when a Dbag says "so you guys are a Audi dealership and dunno how to remove this bird bo for me?"

9. detailingsincetheageof5

detailingsincetheageof5 Virgin Detailer

I used to get $75 back in 1984 for a complete interior and exterior detail. That's real low.

10. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

When you said 150, and he lowballed at 75, I would've then taken 150 off the table. Price is now 225. dick. :D

11. Frankastic

$75 will get you this

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dzfjz-ZCNv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dzfjz-ZCNv4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

12. Frankastic

13. Thats wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin :yikes:

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

A wash and wax should be $125 at a minumim. For $75, I wouldn't even hose it down.

15. C'mon man stop playing with photoshop. Ain't no way someone would release a car in that condition :what:

16. Frankastic

those two cars are sitting on the lot, My boss N sales manager asked me if I would be interested to repair wheels. I asked them how much are you willing to pay me?? they say you get pay by the hour, so it doesnt matter. my answer was " No Thanks, I will only detail on the side and will no talk about it with customers "

17. Frankastic

I bet he wash that R8 v10 the same way lol

18. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

that's nuts but isn't that a little much for $75? I was thinking more like the quick detail in and out special as seen below for $75

[youtube]<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_sl_bj4z0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_sl_bj4z0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>[/youtube]

19. Frankastic

hahahaha I saw that one lol

20. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

LoL. Yeah it's a oldie but goodie.