1999 Toyota Sienna

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

This vehicle belongs to a co-worker who wanted his vehicle looking like new a gain. So I did my best.

1999 Toyota Sienna

Interior Process:

Vinyl and rubber:
    I used Meguiars #40, but prior to it I gave the entire vehicle a nice wipe down with Meg’s APC mixed with water 10:1.

Carpet:
    First I vacuumed the entire inside and then went with Meguiars APC. I scrubbed with a brush then extracted it with my shop-vac.

Exterior Process

Engine bay:
    Used P21S Total Auto Wash full strength and dressed with Stoners Trim Shine.

Wash:
    I used Meguiar’s Gold Class Shampoo two bucket method and the white ShMITT.

Clay:
    The vehicle was in rough shape, lots of tree sap and bunch of other stuff stuck on it so I used my reliable Ricardo Clay.

Polish

This was the fun part, owner came over to lend a hand and brought his son with him so I got all my polishers out and showed them how to use them and away we went. The owner owns a Makita so he had an idea as to what to do. Here is how it was split up.

Owner of the vehicle used:
    Makita – Menzerna Orange Pad with Lake Country 5inch backing plate – between 600 to 900rpm – Menzerna Power Gloss Compound.

Owners son used:
    Cyclo – Edge green pads – Menzerna Power Gloss Compound

Me:
    Metabo – Meguiar’s Polishing pad with 3M backing plate – Menzerna Power Gloss Compound.

The vehicle was split as follows:
    Trunk was done by owner’s son, did a good job and enjoyed using the Cyclo.
    Owner and I took a side each and split the vehicle in half and a way we went, this was fun. It was nice, I enjoy chatting with the owner of the vehicle and it was great having some help. In addition, Power Gloss Compound finished flawless on this vehicle so that was the game plan.

Prepping for wax:

I applied the Pinnacle Carnaube Finishing Glaze by applicator and owner removed with a microfiber towel.

Wax:

I applied 1 – Coat of Souveran Paste with applicator and owner removed with various microfiber towels.

Rims/wheel wells/Tires:

For the rims I just scrubbed with a brush
    For the wheel wells I used P21S Total Auto Wash full strength
    Tires and wheel wells were finished off with Stoner Trim Shine

Exterior plastic peaces/trim:

I used Black Again applied with a Microfiber towel and excess was removed with a Microfiber towel. This stuff is incredible, I’m not sure about its durability though. So I told the owner to keep an eye on it for me and let me know how long it lasts. The owner waxed the vehicle before and there was wax al over the plastic trims and Black Again completely removed all the wax and anything else that was on it, incredible results but you will see what I mean by the pictures.

Glass:

Stoners with glass Cobra micro fiber then one coat of Pinnacle Carnauba Finishing Glaze and topped off with one coat of Souveran Paste.

Observations/comments:

Vehicle was in need of a full detail, the owner of the vehicle was blown away with the results. He commented that he tries to take good care of this vehicle but after he has seen all the products I used he was blown away with the results. You see the owner is at the point where I was before I came to AutoGeek, owner asked me a bunch of questions as to the products I was using and I told him that most if not all of my products are not found locally, most of my products have been ordered from the US or from Europe. Oh then owner and I started talking about waxes and he was blown away with my collectin of waxes, he could not believe the amount of money I’ve spent just on wax but I explained to him what each one did and why they were so expensive and he agreed at the end that the products I had used completely blew him a way. Oh and this is the best part, this particular owner is hard to please and when we were done he said to me…”…I’m impressed with the results…” that was the best compliment I could receive from the owner.

Now for pictures:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]
    This is a picture of the water mixed with APC

After:
    [​IMG]
    This is the water after I had completed the wipe down of the entire interior

Pictures of what I was up a against on the exterior
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Sun Gun in Action

[​IMG]

Once I knew what I was up against I picked my weapon of choice
    [​IMG]

Now comes the taping
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some pictures of during the polishing and the tag team action

[​IMG]
    Owner of the vehicle in action

[​IMG]
    Owners son in action

Mini review of Back to Black in action:
    [​IMG]
    50/50 picture

[​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Some inside reflection pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Wher’s the scratch? Well it’s still there but you can barely see it. I got a bottle of touch up paint and I finished the scratch off with touch up paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some outside reflection pictures (sorry sun was going down)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To conclude here is something different, I got the idea from some of guys from the UK, let me know what you guys think of it.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Hope you enjoyed it.

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

nice work, theres nothing like a mini van thats been ravaged by kids. It turned out awsome, both inside and out