1998 Lexus GS-400

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Awesome turn around NICA. Those 50/50's look great.

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Always look forward to your detail write ups, this one doesnt dissapoint. The paint was a mess, you more than "revived it":thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

outstanding work, Nica!!!

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it :peace:

Thank you, yea the 50/50 pictures turned out great, but that's the beauty of detailing a black colour vehicle makes the transformation much, much better. Thank you for the feed back :peace:

Glad you find the write ups usefull, they can be a bit lengthy but I enjoy doing it, thank you for the feed back, very much appreciated :peace:

Thank you super :chest:

5. KC4725

KC4725 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

lol "treat it like it was your own."
    I think you treated the car BETTER than he did from all the swirl marks I see.

Great job on the revival!

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Wow, what an AMAZING turnaround!!! I wish I had a job like this so I could post them up on my website, LoL. That's definitely something to be proud of Carlos, hehe.

7. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Nica!

I think that you did a great job!!! And I love reading your very detailed step by step procedure! Thanks!

I just have one question:

How did you remove the scuff marks on the picture shown below:
    [​IMG]

Thanks man!

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea well it looked like the vehicle had never been detailed before, I mean the sworls and scratches on this vehicle were impresive :gidiup: I'm just glad I was able to turn it around and I was satisfied with the results :thumb:

Than kyou for the feed back :peace:

Thank you Denzil, this vehicle made me sweat like crazy...but then again I sweat easy :shurg:

Glad you enjoyed it :chest:

Thank you for the feed back Bri, as to how I removed the scuff marks, well to be honest I just scrubed and scrubed and scrubed some more. Really that's all I did, the plastic was scratched up but I was albe to remove as much dirt as possible and it turned out prity good.

Glad you enjoyed the write up :peace:

9. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Nica,
    you did a sweet job on the paint correction process but i'm really impressed how nice the lite colored carpets came out so clean..nice work and a great job on the write up

10. Crossroaddetail

Crossroaddetail Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Good work buddy :)

11. Fox

Fox Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Awesome job! What a turnaround, I love seeing your work. :thumb:

12. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Very nice work Nica. You really think that Megs APC diluted is still too strong for leather? It supposedly has leather softeners in it.

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you joe for the feed back, very much appreciated my friend :peace:

Thank you Crossroad :chest:

Glad you enjoyed it Fox, thank you for the feed back very much appreciated :peace:

Thank you for the feed back Reflect. Well to be honest I'm no chemist or anything like that but Meg's APC is strong and I'm just cautious that's all. On a friends old vehicle I used it on leather and the leather looked okay but I don't like gambling with other peoples vehicles. I tend to stick to what has worked for me in the past. Besides Meg's APC has a high PH value so that's what makes me a bit cautious but that's just me though :shrug:

Oh and I didn't know Meg's APC has leather softeners in it :confused:

14. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I'm pretty sure it does, granted we are speaking of the interior APC, the green stuff.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: yup that's the stuff I use the green Meg's APC, I honestly didn't know it had leather softeners...good to know, I should give it a go but on my Volvo perhaps :shead: it needs a good interior job anyways :thumb:

16. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Great job Carlos! I must have missed this detail when you origianlly posted it. You made that mess look like new.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for the kind words, very much appreciated :peace:

18. sly

sly Birth of a Detailer

Great work,Carlos!:applause::applause::applause:

The explanations very clear. I learn a lot form your post!:worship2:

Thanks for sharing:thumb:

19. Detail Company

Detail Company Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wonderfull detail and report! :applause:

Watching your works and posts dose make me go heaven fourder to take my details more perfect!

Best regards.

P.S: I don´t now if you understoud my point of view...:shead:

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you enjoyed it sly and thank you for the feed back :peace:

Thank you for the feed back, I understood you clearly :peace: