1970 Mach1 Mustang

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

351ci.

Excellent work on the car, but I am just not a fan of that body style at all. I have a 1964 1/2 that I need to work on, my grandpop left it to my family and it probably needs a new motor and a few body panels resprayed.

2. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Great work SIR!!! :)

I would think detailing a car like this, it's hard to draw the line between deailer and restorer. There would be items on the car that I'd want to clean/detail but you simply can't because of pitting/rusting/decay, etc.

I'm not sure I'd ever be entrirely satisfied. :) Did you find yourself in this quandry on this detail?

Car looks GREAT!

3. 75SAM

75SAM Virgin Detailer

Breathtaking!!!

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for sharing the pictures memnuts :thumb: very nice vehicle(s)

:nod: I did the best I could with what I had to play with and still made sure to leave something behind for the future. To be honest I was satisfied with what I achieved, given what I had to work with that is I was happy with the end results. You know what's interesting about detailing, well us detailers can only fix so much. Body shops are key to us detailers, I mean we all know when it comes to detailing it all comes down to prep work....well the same rule applies to body shops, it all starts there and us detailers take over from there and refine the finish of a body shop. If the prep work by the body shop is not 100% correct then we detailers can only do so much. With every detail I do I shoot for the stars, take my time and try to improve. The point is that in every detail I'm some what satisfied, I say some what because in some vehicles I realize I could have done it better should I have done it this way rather then that way so I kick my self but that only prepares me for the next vehicle...point is every vehicle I detail I aim for 100% but that all depends on what I have to work with and the amount of time I'm given to do it..but yes I know what you mean.

5. Tim_G

Tim_G Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Simply stunning work. Diggin the garage too.

6. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Great writeup, Carlos. The Mustang looks great. The metal polishing you did on the trim and the wheels really set that car off a little bit extra.

Did you do anything under the hood?

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it and I'm also enjoying my garage :thumb:

Glad you enjoyed it :peace: As for under the hood, I just dressed it but it was so clean I honestly didn't have to do anything that's why I didn't take any pictures of it, just that one :shrug:

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

What an amazing turnaround!!!!

9. WhataVUE

WhataVUE Virgin Detailer

What a great job. How long did start to finish take you? I just saw a red one of these the other day!

10. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Brings back old times for me, great job Nica:thumb:

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you Phil, very much appreciated :peace:

Thank you, as for how long it takes me to detail...to be honest I don't keep track, I'm not overly worried about the time it takes me to complete a vehicle. Most vehicles are dropped of on a Friday and I'm done by Sunday or so :shrug: Sorry I know that doesn't help but that's how I detail :shrug:

Thank you zoom, great looking vehicle.....not my cup of tea but very nice, I enjoyed my self detailing it :woo:

12. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

Man Nica you get some nice a$$ cars lol Ive always loved the old mustangs and man this write up inspired me to go out and get an old faded one and restore it

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you enjoyed it, but it's all thanks to my co-workers who have nice vehicles :thumb: Working on older vehicles as these is lots of fun...you just have to be really careful with them that's all.