1970 Mach1 Mustang

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Nica, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

If I remember correctly it's either 353 or 535? My friend showed me the stickers which he hasn't installed and reflects the engine size but I honestly can't remember what the numbers were :sorry: I honestly don't know :confused:

2. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Fantastic work Carlos, the car looks amazing and as always the write up was great and informative

3. scottBT

scottBT Birth of a Detailer

what a great classic car to work on.
    great turn around mate.
    ive seen these ptg graphs on peoples computers but where do you get the software/kit from?

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Dramatic difference after correction, top work as expected! BTW the garage floor is looking great, easy cleanups FTW!

5. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Very good job Nica!

6. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Great job.I love those cars.

7. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Love the work Carls and the car is fantastic also. Garage looking good!!

8. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Excellent Resto Carlos!!! Car came out great !!!!!!!!

9. Stems

Stems Birth of a Detailer

Amazing work! Those 50/50s are fantastic!

On the topic of cleaning those pads, did you use a duo spur to clean them out then let them soak in some pad cleaner?

10. infinity

infinity Any Rag Vehicle Washer

nice work there fella i bet that the owner is well happy

11. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Nice Job as usual Nica!

12. memnuts

memnuts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I think you're referring to the displacement since it is a rather plane jane '70 Mach1. It is a 4v 351 Windsor or Cleveland, for the 351 Windsor the hp output for the 2V (2 barrel ) was 250 and for the 4V (4 barrel carb.) was 290. For the Cleveland the 2V was 250 hp and for the 4V was 300. You can tell what motor was supposed to be in the car by the fifth digit in the VIN. I am not up on my motor codes for 1970 but i do know my motor codes for 1964.5 to 1966 mustangs.;)

13. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Great job Nica! Car had me drooling.

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad you enjoyed it :peace:

I agree, lovely vehicle to detail. As for the software, I purchased the software directly from defelsko.com. The software helps to store the paint gauge readings and also plot the graphs.

:nod: the new floor has great benefits, from clean up to lighting, the garage is brighter and I enjoy that. Glad you enjoyed the detail :peace:

Thank you for the kind words :hippie:

Lovely vehicle, not meant for me but never the less couldn't help but admire the vehicle :thumb:

Thank you my Norwegian brother :peace:

Thank you :peace:

Well to be hones I only had to clean one or two foam pads, the other pads I just threw them away...they were done anyways and I did that on purpose, I mean used the worst pads on purpose. But yes, I let the foam pads soak in a bucket with pad cleaner for a day or two and then washed them by hand, pad is still a little stained but it will live to fight again :thumb:

:nod: owner is very happy and hopefully I'll detail more of his vehicles :woo:

Thank you for the feed back, very much appreciated :peace:

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Glad to see someone knows because I honestly had no clue :sorry: Good to know though and thank you for sharing :peace:

So you have a 1966 Mustang, what does that look like..um...got a pic? :popcorn:

Glad you enjoyed it, I too couldn't help but admire the lovely machinery :thumb:

16. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Super job on the car and the write up. It looks unbelievable...:thumb:

17. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

Great job on a classic. You guys get the coolest cars. I'm jealous.

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you both for the kind words, very much appreciated and glad you enjoyed it :peace:

19. memnuts

memnuts Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Why yes I do. Keep in mind these are some very old pics and when the pics were taken I didn't know a green pad from a LSP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my fav pic of both cars. The VW is long gone I have moved on to faster pastures for daily drivers. In fact my current DD is over 3 times the displacement almost 3 times the power AWD and I can tow 6600 lbs with it.
    [​IMG]

20. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

Engine 351
    if my memory docent fail